Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's Time for Another Whimsical Wednesday Challenge

It is that time again....A new Challenge over at Whimsical Wednesday.
This weeks challenge is to make a Birthday LO with any kind of Embossing.

My nephew is turning 1 in July and he just LOVES monkeys.
This 12 x 12 LO was made just for him and once he has his birthday I will put the pictures in and give it to my sister.

 So I used paper from Recollection-I believe-It came from Michael's and was purchased a while ago for this purpose..to make something cute for my little nephew.

 I punched 2" circles and used 1 of my favorite tools..the cuttlebug to emboss each circle with the herringbone folder. They were all inked with coffee bean pigment ink.
On another of my shopping quests I found Tim Holtz grunge board letters on clearance. They came in handy for this. I inked them all with fire brick, frayed burlap and vintage photo. It really brought out the embossed stripes that were already on them.
They were placed on foam dots for extra dimensions.
I put 2 photo mats on this. Both are 4 x6 mats and both were embossed with the Swiss dots folder.
The monkey was a svg file I recently found and he just seemed to fit so nicely in this space.

I am really happy with the way this LO turned out. I hope my sister likes it also!

So now that you have seen my project, make sure you head over to the Whimsical Wednesday blog to see the other DT's projects and to link your birthday LO.
Good Luck and thanks for stopping by. Hope you play along with us this week.
Remember you have 2 full weeks to participate :)

13 comments:

  1. What a great LO. You used such fun colors to go right along with that playful monkey. Love the grunge letter, and how you arranged them on the circles. Adds so much interest to the LO. I am sure your nephew is going to love this. Great job with the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the LO! I think I’ll have to give it a try. I have been meaning to make BDay LO's for my girls. It’s been a 1year now. I feel inspired to do them now. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your monkey lo and I know your sister will to. Great idea for a lo too. Thanks for sharing.

    I’m stopping by to check out your blog since you became a follower of mine from the Disney Pixar Blog Hop. I really appreciate your support. I’m now following you too.

    I love your blog. Hope to see you for the next hop.

    Happy crafting

    Tami
    http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica,Super job with your layout!I love all the pretty papers and details,The monkey is Too cute!Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cute! I just saw that you won Life's a Beach cartridge! Woo Hoo! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I am sure your sister will LOVE this forever! You are so sweet to think of making her a keepsake. It's so hard to do that type of thing for yourself when you have an infant! Thanks for sharing, Hugs
    Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey!!! This is sooooo cute! I totally love how you did the title and of course adding something to it that the little guy enjoys...makes it so much more personal!!! I am sure he and his Momma are going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cute! I love that monkey and the way you did the title for the page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers, is this layout ever so cute! That svg monkey is perfect & the paper you used is wonderful. I love the embossing it ties everything together so well. You did a fabulous job!!!
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute layout and I love how you did the title!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute for a boy! love your embossing and all the 3D foam you used on your title!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job with your LO!I love all the pretty papers and details,and that monkey is so cute! Tfs and have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica... this is just AMAZING! I am so in love with that monkey! I LOVE the dimension the circles gave the grung letter. Very clever making them your own by adding you own touch! I am in awe of the colors too! Your sister and your nephew( when he gets biggger) are going to LOVE this LO! I know I do!

    ReplyDelete