Monday, May 9, 2011

A "Sweet" Birthday Card

My wonderful husband bought me some copics for Mother's Day. You ask how he knew what colors to pick..well he took a picture of the copic color chart I have hanging above my workspace and took the picture into the Stamp store to have the ladies there help him choose some colors.
He did a GREAT job picking out colors but a few I already had that you really couldn't see on the picture. I took the markers I had doubles of a went to exchange them for colors I didn't have.
While I was at the store I found this super cute strawberry stamp from Unity Stamps that matched the Jillibean Soup paper from the Chilled Strawberry Soup collection. This paper is AWESOME! It cuts nice, is thick and has beautiful patterns. I knew exactly what I was going to make when I saw it.
So this is the card I made for a friend and fellow PTO member who celebrated her birthday yesterday. She also makes the most delicious strawberry jam that we all wait for :). My son always asks when we can go visit the jam lady who sets up shop in the summertime at our local farmers market. Her jam is the only one my son and husband prefer. So Melissa...Happy Birthday and I know I told you tonight but we cant wait for your jam!
The base is Kraft card stock cut using George and Basic Shapes welded together at 4.75". The inside layer is cut from the same cartridge at 4.5". The paper is Fresh Lime Juice. (cute names right..love it)
The strawberries are stamped on red card stock and green card stock and paper pieced. Another fun technique! I added stitch lines and strawberry seeds using my white gel pen. The sentiment came with the strawberry stamp. Such a cute saying!
Hope you like my card as much as I do. Have a great night and see you all tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Such a great husband! The card is 2 cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice hubby!
    Cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please pick up an award that I gave you.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jess this card is adorable! I love everything about it. You did a great job paper peicing it. LOVE the white seeds and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you did a great job on the card. I love strawberries

    ReplyDelete