Friday, May 13, 2011

I Scream..You Scream..We all Scream for Ice Cream---Cake Pops That Is :)

Hi Bloggers!
It is State Testing for the 4th grader this week and my son's teacher asked the room parents to sign up for one day to bring in a snack for the kids after they take their test.
Today was my day and I could have brought in cupcakes or brownies or cookies but I thought BORING! Why not make some more cake pops!
I had my son look through the Bakarella's book and pick out the cake pops he liked. He picked the ice cream cones.
So that I what I made.
I do have to pat myself on the back and say these came out AWESOME!
The kids in the class LOVED them, they teachers went goo-goo over them and I had wished I made 100 to give out to everyone of the teachers...sorry guys I only made 32 and 21 were accounted for.
We did give the extra's to my boy's favorite teachers this year and last year :)

I wrapped each one individually so there were no germ passing while they sat in class waiting to be eaten

The cake I used was yellow cake from Aldi's and Duncan Hines chocolate frosting.
Pink and dark chocolate wafers and m&m's for the cherries


They were such a HUGE hit!! I love how they came out and had a number of teachers ask me how to do them :)

The weather is beautiful outside today and I want to head back out. I just planted 30 strawberry plants and my sugar snap peas are starting to sprout...Love this time of year!
Off to go work on the garden some more.
Have a great night and I will see you all tomorrow

8 comments:

  1. Hey "Miss" Jessica,
    These are fantastic. You better be careful making such great treats, you're going to be bombarded by requests for more... LOTS more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jessica, All I can say is
    SUPER ADORABLE! I know the kids loved them and yes, I know all the teachers loved them too. If a parent of a child in my class made these, I would flip out!!! I do believe these are these cutest I have seen. Love them.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica~ the only thing i can say is my son will need your number! LOL. These turned out so darn CUTE! I can see why these turned out to be a HUGE success! Maybe you could adopt me! You are way to creative girl and now you are off to garden! LOVE it!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky classroom! You are such a creative mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cupcakes, but these are super cute. Be sure to check out mine at our Bake Sale Hop.

    Georgiana

    P.S. Send me the directions so I can try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess these are amazing. It is so nice to be crafty, just adds the little extra. I can see why the class and the teachers loved them. Can you PLEASE send me an e-mail with instructions or where I can find them???

    ReplyDelete