Sunday, May 15, 2011

Scrap Paper Clean Up, Copic Marker Storage Solution & A Card :)

It is a crappy day here....raining like CRAZY and flood watches all around.
What to do on a Sunday like this....play with paper of course :)
I thought my boys would be beating eachother up by now but they are playing sooo good with Legos. I really love days like this! Everyone is happy and I am getting tons done! (I still have a long list  but slowly things are getting done)

I wanted to share a tip that I saw over at DoubleClick Connections-AKA ABusyBee. Carrie had a GREAT tip on using all that scrap designer paper which I am sure we all have a ton of!
Cut it all down to the size you use the most for your cards. I make alot of A2 cards so I cut my scrap down to 4 x 5 1/4. (Alittle smaller that the standard A2 size which is  4 1/4 x 5 1/2)

ended up with this :)
started with this
Now I only went through 1/4 of my paper but already I feel like I can create so much with what I already have cut down.
This is the card I created from my scrap find! I really love this paper and you sometimes tend to forget what you have laying around when the scrap piles get really big...like mine.
The paper is K & Company Faded China Paper Pad and the card is an A2 base with the pattern paper cut at 4 x 5 1/4. I added a simple black ribbon and made my own stick pins (again another tip from Carrie)
I made a rosette with the coordinating paper and stamped the sentiment with My Pink Stamper's Pinka-licious set.
I am going to enter this card over at Birthday Sundaes-use at least 3 circles

Lastly I was searching for a better way to store my growing collection of copics without spending the big bucks and being able to see all the colors in their grouping better. I think I found the perfect solution.

I found these pencil boxes at Target today. They came in 3 different colors and I bought one of each color. They have 4 divided sections and I used a small binder clip to hold them all together. Then I was able to separate by color and see what I have. I will go back and get at least another one...there are a few colors together because I ran out of room. I really love the find and the solution!!
Thanks for stopping by and see you all tomorrow :)

11 comments:

  1. That looks great! Nice idea for combining your copics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Target I go! Love this idea. I've been trying to come up with something for my new Copics and this will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! You really rocked your scrap paper pile! And your pins look gorgeous with your card! So happy you found some of my tips helpful! :)

    Great way to store your copics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is wonderful! I have been wanting to try one of those rosettes! Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes this week!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love that K&Co paper pad...the colors are so bold! Wonderful rosette and pins! Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I love the rosette and the colors are beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the great tips too! So happy you joined us this week at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great paper tip! Your card is so pretty, love the pins you made.

    Awesome storage find too!

    Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Tip on the scrap paper. definitely sure your copic collections has grown. Thank you for linking in.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica ~ Oh My! What a CUTE card! i LOVE what Carri and yourself did with the papers! CLEVER idea! The copic storage ~ again CLEVER idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grat tip for the paper and the marker storage too! TFS
    Have a great day,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete