Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Cupcake---Floating Cupcake Card

Good Morning Bloggers!!
First I want to thank everyone who left me such "sweet" comments on my post yesterday. I had a GREAT time making the ice cream cake pops and sharing them with everyone. Your comments like all comments we receive really made my day....So Thanks Again!!
Today I wanted to share this birthday card I made. I recently came across this awesome blog..My Craft Spot and she did a tutorial on how she made her floating candle card. I of course had to give it a try. Mine is a floating cupcake :)
I did have to play around with the dimensions on my gypsy and once I figured it all out I was good...lots of trial and error.
The base is George and Basic Shapes welded together to measure 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. I added a rectangle cut into the middle of the base and then into the middle of the top layer. This is where my trial and error was.
The cupcake is from the Simply Charmed Cart and it was cut at 1.75 as well as all the layers. (you need 2 shadow cuts for this...one for the front and onc to cover that back). The birthday sentiment is also from simply charmed and that is cut at 2".
I stamped his face with a PKS...alittle too big for this cupcake but I still think it is cute
I added stickles to the candles, home made skittles to the corners, some bakers twine to the side and alittle stitching around the outside.
I really like how this came out!!
Hope you do too :)

I am entering this into:
Birthday Sundaes- Challenge #8 Recipe

8 comments:

  1. OMG Jess I love this card. I have been dying to make one. I learned how to do it over the holidays at a Stampin' Up class I went to. They used candy canes! Fun right? Yours is spectacular. I always can't get over how great you do at everything and on your first try! Love the fun happy colors of this card and the floating cupcake...fun fun fun! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! I just made one too!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute Jessica. Your cupcake is so fun. Great job. Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the floating cake and candles! So creative! Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I have made similar cards to this using the Wild Card cartridge, they have a card feature with this card base, so it makes it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Cute Card! Thanks for playing with us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it.. too cute

    Hugs
    Dusti

    ReplyDelete