Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Mom's Day- Because purple is her favorite color :)

Good Morning!! It is such a yucky day here...rain and rain and more rain so I am hanging out in my crafty spot and being crafty :)
I made this card for today's post using the sketch over at KinderStampO Sketches #1. I have to say I really LOVE this sketch...thanks Jessica!

Since Mother's Day is creeping up so fast I had to get a jump on my MIL's card. She loves the color purple and I recently picked up some designer paper at Joanne's specifically for her card.
The paper is from Paper Pizazz in purple plaid and soft purple ferns.
All the paper was inked with periwinkle pigment ink
The sentiment is from Ditto by Studio G
The flowers are cut from Give a Hoot at 3 1/2"
I cut the flower part using the patchwork design and scraps from the background paper. Added stitch marks in my white gel pen.
If you are interested I did a picture tutorial on the patchwork design you can see here.
I added some stickles to the bow and gems to the corner.

Thanks for stopping by...see you tomorrow :)

entering this card over at :

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, this card is wonderful and so are the colors!

    ReplyDelete