Monday, September 5, 2011

"Craft Your Passion" September Guest Designer~ Challenge #74

Morning Everyone!

This is my first post as one of the September Guest Designers over at Craft Your Passion.
I was so super excited to be asked and hope I can live up to the amazing DT over at CYP :)

This weeks challenge is Anything Goes and a Twist~add Flowers

The DT was given an image from Digi's by Phooka to work with and here is what I came up with~~
I chose the super adorable turtle :)

I made a shape card using a cut from George and Basic Shapes and welding it with my gypsy.
The digi was them printed on 3 different papers so I could paper piece.
I love how the turtle turned out~
I used paper from DCWV~ Playtime Stack as well as white and green cardstock.
After cutting and piecing the whole turtle together I added some stitching on the shell and some stickles to his cheek.
For the flower part of the challenge I cut flowers out of felt using my cuttlebug and a flower die and just added some glittery brads to the center.
The flowers were hot glued down and the turtle is on an action wobble for some added fun :)
With some Trendy Twine in Twisted Lime, some more stickles to my dollar stamp sentiment and black gel pen stitching around the outside my card came to be!

This was such a fun image to work with and I hope you enjoyed my card.
Make sure to hop over to Craft Your Passion and see all the DT's projects and link up yours as well!!

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Very Happy Labor Day!!



7 comments:

  1. This Jessica that came out so super cute. Digi's are really fun. I'm sure you won't disappoint CYP.
    Great job.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I love the shape of this card!! That turtle sure is adorable, and you used one of my favorite paper packs. Love it;) Congrats again on your guest designer spot, and I can't wait to see the rest of your projects for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute shaped card! Love the stitching and the little turtle :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project is my favorite! It is adorable and I really love how you used the digital image.
    Maribel
    ilovescrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cute little turtle!!
    Tina
    www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoooow Sweet!! Love this adorable little turtle! Your card is just awesomely cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card! Love the turtle, he is so adorable. :) Tfs and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete