Tuesday, September 20, 2011

This to That Challenge #6~ Flowers and Bling

Good Morning everyone!
It is time for another This to That Challenge over at Cher's Studio featuring

Carley from The Real iCarley is our blog host for this week and all the details for this weeks challenge can be found over on her adorable blog! Make sure you head over there (after looking at my card) for all the details, the other DT's projects and to link up your project.

This weeks challenge is Flowers and Bling
The DT are all using flowers from The Digi Bistro and Cher has a whole bunch of adorable flowers to choose from.
Our card could be for any occasion~birthday, fall, thank you....anything
BUT
we had to add some bling AND make our flower 3D.

Here is what I came up with.
I wanted to design a CAS card to showcase the flower.
I used the Simply Tweet set
and cut the flower out at 4".
I then broke the flower apart and cut 8 more petals to use for the 3D flower.
Here's a closeup of the flower.
I used white cardstock, sprayed it with silver and purple glimmer mist (my Bling) as well as inked the edges with purple ink.
The petals are held together with a purple glittery brad (also my Bling)


This is the video I used to make my flower. Love the way it came out :)

So I hope you like my card and will play along with us this week.
Remember you do not have to
~use a file from The Digi Bistro
~cards can be combined with stamps or die cuts
~if you dont own any 3D flowers consider purchasing a file from The Digi Bistro
I know you will love all Cher's files~ I know I do :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT day :)



9 comments:

  1. I love it! What a fantastic card. Love that flower on a white background so it plays center stage!
    Great job!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what awesome paper flowers Jessica! I'm gonna have to give these a try *Ü*

    P.S.
    You are my winner of the D2D blog hop, but I need your email so Faith can give you a Gift Code to the D2D store. :) Please contact me at krisb33 (at) yahoo (dot) com. It is time-sensitive, so please don't delay :) THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower!!! Awesome card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are beautiful and your card sure is lovely.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica,
    What a pretty card. I love the flower.
    Hugs, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute flower technique! It's always fun to find new ways to make flowers.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Whitney
    designwhatyoulove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Jessica! Your flower is stunning. Love the focus you put on the flower, and the clean and simple feel of this card!!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete