Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Post-it Note Tutorial..........{The Kraft Journal}


Good Morning!!
 I am up on The Kraft Journal's Blog today with a  great end of the school year Teacher Appreciation gift idea and tutorial. Last year I made this altered coaster Post-it note holder (see original HERE)  and have had many requests to share how I made it.  Since the end of the school year is quickly approaching for many, we all have those special teacher's we like to do a little extra  for so hopefully you will be inspired to create one of these as well.
Here are the supplies you need.....
The supply list is quite simple and can be altered to fit whatever theme you choose. 
Coaster or Chipboard
designer paper
stamp and stamp block
ink
adhesive

So let's begin! 
Start by taking your chipboard piece (4in x4in) or coaster and cover it with the Brown Kraft Cardstock using any adhesive of your choice. My go to is the Tombo Mono Multi Liquid and after I glue the card stock to the coaster I smooth all the air bubbles out with my bone folder
I also ended up using a file to smooth the edges around the coaster as well. You want a nice finished look both on the front and the back of the coaster. Plus if you are using chipboard, the added cardstock makes the whole piece sturdier.
This next step can be done however you choose and can be as detailed as you want. I choose to use my designer paper, some Black Twill Tape and my sewing machine. I quickly ran the ribbon and designer paper through my sewing machine using a zig zag stitch and then followed the same steps as above to attach it to my base.
Now to finish your project off...all you have to do is stamp your sentiment onto the post it notes...yes depending on how many sheets of paper you are stamping on it can get pretty tedious but the receiver would love to have all the pages be consistent~ don't you think?? I used The Alley Way Stamps~ Trees Company stamp set for both the sentiment and that adorable apple. I also hot glued the Hinge Clip to my coaster base, further embellished with a button from my stash and some Natural Hemp Cord

So there you have it...What do you think???
I know exactly who will be getting this and sure hope she likes it!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT Wedneday!

22 comments:

  1. What do I think?! I think that is awesome! A great gift idea...totally perfect stocking stuffer or little gift for colleagues at Christmas.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, what a great little gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my this is just so fun.. great gift idea.. love that apple paper..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its AWESOME......A Fabulous & fun gift!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!!!! What a darling idea!!! I love it Jessica :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome my friend. Love the apple paper. Such a great teachers gift. Thanks for the tutorial. Have a FANTASIC Wednesday.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome project! I love your ideas!!! Great group of products!!
    Happy Wednesday!!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally unique.... I have tons of those chipboards will have to think of ways to use them up too... Might have to stash this idea....
    TFS Jessica - enjoy your wonderful day~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute. Love the papers and idea.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a asesome project!! Great idea!!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fabulous, Jessica!! What an awesome gift idea!! And your tutorial is great!! I just love this...I need to borrow this idea!! Happy Wednesday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so wonderful - fabulous tutorial and what a great gift. Love the use of the clip so that you can put in a new pad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooh very very cool!!! love the little things you added like the ribbon and clip and stamped the first page of the post it notes. its the little things that make your projects so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tutorial for a very fun teacher gift.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great Teacher gift, wonderful tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute Teacher gift! Thanks so much for the tutorial!
    Have a GREAT evening my friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome project and great gift for a teacher. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Turned out very cute, Love the tutorial my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable and seems like it would be really quick to make, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete