Sunday, May 5, 2013

Heard You Caught a Bug......{Challenge Card}

Happy Sunday everyone!!
I wanted to pop in with a card I made...that is not for a DT but one that I wanted to make to enter a few challenges!
I used this week's Stella Says Sketch
and came up with this..... I hope you like it!
So for my card I used the adorable Bugaboo Stamps image~ Bug Jar~Ladybug and colored her with my copic markers. I added a layer of glossy accents to the jar as well as some x-mas red stickles to the bow on the jar. Once all that was dry, I ran the image through my sewing machine :)
The designer paper is actually Christmas paper from MME~Christmas (I think this is one of my favorite paper packs....LOVE the colors!!)
I made a border with my sewing machine again for this and then tied some 
3GJ~ Dress White crinkle ribbon which is one of the newest releases and part of the Navy Bundle.
Finally I used the new release stamp set~ Punny Animals from Joy's Life
Well there you have it! 
That is all I have for now.....
Next up, working on my PKS challenge entry....but I wont be posting that until Wed
Make sure to stop by tomorrow for a brand new
as well as on Tuesday for my
TAWS project
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT rest of your weekend!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges:
Catch the Bug~ Stella Says Sketch #136
Catch The Bug~ May Anything Goes
Little Scrap Pieces~ Bugs Life
Craftin Desert Diva's~ Use a Pun
Really Reasonable Ribbon~ Sparkle/Bling w Ribbon

26 comments:

  1. Aw this is just adorable, love that bright lady bug in the jar... Cute cute card Jessica! love it~

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! I love the glossy accents on the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute card..love that little lady bug and the glossy accents..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, love the colors and that bug in a jar is to cute my friend. LOVE IT!!!
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super card - love love it and perfect sentiment and image:-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so Pretty. I can see the glossy accents you added on the jar. Love the colors too, awesome coloring. Hope your having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. woo! new blog layout! love this card too! love how you made it look like a real jar. bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too CUTE my friend! I LOVE the cute little bug and great stitching :)

    Hope your weekend was wonderful!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it and it goes so well with the sentiment. One of my favorite colours when it comes to scrap booking is the deep red and white dots. Totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So....you stitched around the ribbon!!You know I LOVE it!!!Gorgeous Bow!!Adorable image and sentiment.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love the colors and stitching!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. awe this will make anyone feel better :)
    hope you had a great weekend my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty card Jessica, Your stitching looks great and I like the added glossy accents - nice bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sweet little lady bug,TOO STINKIN' CUTE Jessica!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ANOTHER adorable card, Jessica... you are the challenge master! I don't know how you get it all done, lady. I have NEVER had good luck with stitching OR the glossy accents on a larger area... you've inspired me to practice more. Thanks for sharing this darling card, it's precious from top to bottom!
    ~Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute card!!! Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's "Pun" linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's

    Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super adorable! Love the glossy accents...what a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, I love this!! The glossy accents were a perfect touch!! The ladybug is so cute!! You even stitched on the ribbon...amazing!! I had to trash a card the other day after I stitched because it was so wonky I was embarrassed to show it!! I seriously need to take lessons from you!! Thanks so much for joining us at LSP :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Little Scrap Pieces DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so cute with your vibrant red and beautiful details! Love the stitching along with the glossy accents :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You always seem to know exactly what papers to use! I love this design and your stitching is AMAZING! Your ladybug is adorable..another awesome card girl!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very beautiful! Thanks for linking up with us at Craftin Desert Divas!
    Miranda :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg that bug is too darn cute! Thanks for joining the lsp challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just adore this card! The stitching is fabulous and that crinkle ribbon - I gotta get me some! =)
    We're so happy you joined us for theCatch The Bug “Stella Says Sketch" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you’ll join us again today for a new sketch challenge!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute! I am loving this and jut my have to borrow your technique! Thank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jessica ~ OMG! Your killing me here! I ADORE this card! Love how the jar looks real, that little bug and of course ALL the details! Add this one too! Your making this hard to pass up to comment on!

    ReplyDelete