Monday, May 13, 2013

Red, White and Blue........{The Kraft Journal}

Good Morning and Happy Monday everyone!!!
It is time for a new challenge over at
This week's challenge is... 
Red, White and Blue
seeing that my son will be celebrating his 10th birthday in just a few weeks I used this week's
sketch
and came up with this fun birthday card...
So here is what I did.... I started out with a Brown Kraft Cardstock base and added a mat of Peebles Let Freedom Ring pattern paper.  Using my cameo and a star file from the Silhouette store, I cut 2 stars....one using the kraft and another one using some Bazzill blue. Since there is no white in my pattern paper, I added some white gel pen doodles (wanted to make sure I was following TKJ challenge) Again since this is for my son's 10th birthday I added the number's "1" and "0" using Tim Holtz Mini Numerals and popping them up using some foam adhesive.
Moving onto the sentiment and embellishments.. 
I wanted my sentiment to be on some Cream Twill Tape , so I stamped The Alley Way Stamp Wish BIG birthday sentiment using  Stazon Black Ink directly onto the ribbon. Didn't it turn out awesome????? To finish my card up I added one of my favorite embellishments from The Kraft Outlet~ the Custom Fasteners. Two of the stickers that come with this set were a perfect match to my card!

So there you have it....my inspiration for this week's challenge.
I hope you have enjoyed my card and will play along with us!
As always I have linked all the supplies I used from The Kraft Outlet throughout my description.  If you have not checked out the store yet....make sure you do! There is so much available, the prices are so reasonable and shipping is super fast!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT Monday!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges:
Seize the Birthday~ Sketch #16
Ribbon Carousel Blog~ Celebrations
Pile it On~For a Teen
Simply Create Too~Anything Goes
Diva's By Design~ Anything Goes
DL Art~ May Linky Party
Pause Dream Enjoy~ Happy........
The Pink Elephant~ Masculine Birthday 

39 comments:

  1. Wow! This is an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and fun card. Would be perfect for someone born in July. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome card.. i love love love it... great design..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Jessica, love that star and the papers. So much fun! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and the stamp on the twill tape is amazing, it turned out wonderful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, I love the paper and the design is fabulous! I love all the goodies and the stamping on the twill tape is so fun! Your son is a lucky young man to have such a crafty mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun bright card for your son! I also love to stamp on the ribbon it just ties everything in! TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT A GREAT B-DAY CARD FOR YOUR SON HE WILL LOVE IT GREAT TAKE ON THE SKETCH ALSO!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic Jessica! love the Americana colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica, this is so fabulous!! I love the colors - and the way you design is just so awesome!!

    Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. A FANTASTIC card! Love the red, white & blue! a perfect take on the sketch! Like the pop up look with the foam squares!
    You should link up to Silhouette Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥



    ReplyDelete
  12. Jessica...this is a very cute birthday card. I love the stripe paper in the background. The star, the "10" and the other little embellishments really are wonderful on the front of this card! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very nice - I'm crazy about the stripe paper that you've used here! And brads... Perfect!
    Have a nice day, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card. Love especially how you stamped the sentiment on the ribbon. Hope your having a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jessica, fantastic card, love your design! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fabulous!! The color combo is just perfect!!Thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous, Jessica!! The paper is so pretty and I love how you stamped the sentiment on ribbon!! Creative and fabulous my friend!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful! I love the paper you used! And I love the ribbon stamping! Sorry it's been so long since I've stopped by!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome!!! love the sentiment stamped on the fiber :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. forgot to thank you for joining us on STB!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks fabulous!!! Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card Jessica! I am totally in love with that beautiful paper and I love all the fun accents you added. The number 10 looks amazing! Happy birthday to your son - into the double digits now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello my friend:) I hope you had an amazing Mother's Day with your family:) OMG! your son is going to love his card and I love the look, I LOVE it:) Have a great evening my friend!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such great CAS card, like your design!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Simply Create Too.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous patriotic birthday card!!!! Love the sentiment stamped on the twill!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful DP's and I love how you kept it CAS, it really makes it stand out :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So striking! Fabulous and fun masculine card. Thanks so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE this card, Jessica!! Such a great design and my favorite color combo... Thanks so much for sharing -- Hope you'll visit me too!! :)

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous card! I love the rich colours! Thanks for joining us at the Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This birthday card looks FANTASTIC Jessica,LOVE the big star SOOO COOL!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this card. The patterned paper is just awesome!! Great job.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow. I love your card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post of masculine cards for my readers inspiration. Your card would be perfect. Please let me know if that is OK with you. Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome masculine birthday card! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jessica ~ EEK! Happy Belated Birthday to your son! He is double digits now! Well I can guarantee he LOVED this card! LOVE the numbers ~ they pop right off of the card!

    ReplyDelete