Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day........{Trendy Twine Special Post}

Morning and Happy Mother's Day to all my wonderful bloggy friends!
I hope your day is packed with tons of hugs, love and maybe some crafty goodness :)
I have a special post to share with actually 2 cards that I made in honor of Mother's Day!
So along with a few of the Trendy Twine DT members we are honoring Mom's Day AND I am sharing Trendy Twine's 2 newest colors!!!
(so make sure to hop over to the Trendy Twine Blog to see what the other ladies made!)

Whoo Hoo!! Introducing 
They are now available and a MUST have....well all the colors are..LOL!!!

Ok enough talking.....time to share my projects!
First up is a CAS Mother's Day card using the showcase color of the month
Tickled with Teal and the newest release Totally White
I started out with a Kraft Cardstock base and added a mat of white and Chalk Garden designer paper from Three Bugs in a Rug. To give the mat a more finished look I added some machine stitching around the border. My sentiment is from Studio G~ Best Mom set
Here is a close-up of the twine flower I made. The base is a circle of the Totally White Trendy Twine and then to add some additional color to the flower I did a double bow using the Tickled with Teal Trendy Twine.
There is my project number 1. What do you think???

I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
Celebrate the Occasion~ Mother's Day
My Craft Spot~ Mother's Day
Scrappy Moms Stamps~ Mother's Day
DL Art~ Flowers
Cardz TV~ Mother's Day
Little Scrap Pieces~ Mother's Day
Ribbon Carousel Blog~ Celebrations

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for my next project! I wanted to play along with this week's
Peachy Keen Stamps challenge which is to make a card for Mom/Grandma.
Well what better time to post then on Mother's Day so here is card #2
I made an easel card using the card kit from My Scrap Chick
So for this card I again used a Kraft Cardstock base and scrap papers from my ever growing stash. Since the white base was a bit plain I ran it through my cuttlebug with the flower embossing folder and then stickled the centers with Cotton Candy Stickle.
That adorable little girl is from Kadoodle Bug Designs and I stamped her face using Peachy Keen Stamps~ Princess Faces.
Instead of adding the bow cuts from the file, I added some Totally White Trendy Twine bows to her hair and to her dress. I finished off the front of the card I tied a big bow using 3GJ Dress White crinkle ribbon and some Strawberry Cupcake Trendy Twine.
The inside of the card is the same as the front except I added my sentiment, again from the same Studio G~Best Mom stamp set. There were flowers from the cut file that I chose not to add to the front, that I added to a cluster on the sentiment.
What do you think???

I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
PKS challenge~ Just Cards Mother/Grandmother
Ribbon Carousel Blog~ Celebrations
Really Reasonable Ribbon~ Sparkle, Bling, Ribbon
All That Stickles~ Cotton Candy Linky Party
Simply Create Too~Anything Goes
Diva's By Design~ Anything Goes
DL Art~ May Linky Party
The Pink Elephant~Mother's Day


Well that is all I have for you today! I do hope you have enjoyed my projects and again I wish all you wonderful mom's out there a very
Happy Mother's Day!!


44 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous. I like the flower you made from circling the twine. Your easel card is a cutie!

    Happy Mother's Day to you,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards - love the use of the twine in the first, lovely colours! The second is so cute and love the embossing! Happy Mothers day.
    Karon

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I love them both! The double bow in the first one looks great! And I love the embossing in the second! You are AWESOME as always!! :) Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are wonderful Jess! Love that twine flower button, and that girl is oh so adorable. Great stamp set too! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 fabulous cards, love the cute girl on the 2nd along with wonderful embossing, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both a super cute card Jessica~
    Happy Mother's Day hope your day is going awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors of both of them! They are so adorable.


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet, Jessica. What an adorable image
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! MY FRIEND

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2fab cards!! Have a Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Jessica! I hope you're having a wonderful Mother's Day :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your cards are so beautiful, love the totally white twine on your card - it looks so awesome! Hope you have a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are very BEAUTIFUL my friend!!!
    Hope you have a great Mother's Day!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥



    ReplyDelete
  14. so super cute, jessica! you should enter this in the shaped/easel challenge at scribbles! http://scribblesdesignschallenge.blogspot.ca/2013/04/scribbles-designs-challenge-4-shaped-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both of your cards Jessica!! And the twine is great!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Mother's Day' challenge at CTVS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your cards and that twine bloom is so pretty :)
    happy mother's day my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both of your cards they are so Beautiful. Happy Mother's Day to you my friend. Hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of these are GORGEOUS! The black, white, and blue is FABULOUS! The cute little girls face is perfect and I love the flower embossing! Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowee both your cards are beautiful, I love the top one with your fabulous twine flower! Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ CTO for our "Mother's Day" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day my friend. Both card are too cute. Love them.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are priceless! I hope you had a wonderful and a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these cards are gorgeous, Jess. Love how you used the Totally White twine on the first one with the button and the Tickled with Teal. It is a very elegant card. Your second one is too freakin' cute with that little girl and the pink. Love the embossing.

    Thanks so much for taking the time to participate in our Mother's Day post.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous my friend!! The top one is so elegant and beautiful!! The twine flower looks amazing!! And the second one is so sweet and adorable!! She's precious!! Love them both!! Amazing as always!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute cards Jessica! I love the color combo on the first card....fabulous stitching too!
    The little girl is so adorable! I love how you added little bows to her hair and at her waistline! SO cute!
    I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Jessica!

    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Little Scrap Pieces!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards! LOVE the twine flower you made!

    ReplyDelete
  26. BEAUTIFUL job with both cards Jessica!!!I LOVE that sweet little girl,TOO CUTE my friend!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. ADORABLE!! Love everything about this cute little card!

    Thank you for joining us at RRR. Hope to see you again next week!

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute! Love the paper on the Mother's Day and adorable girl! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Wow Wow!!!!! Your cards are awesome!!!! I will have to card lift the CAS card , just love it and the easel card is so creative, love the girlie and the shape of card... ahhh missed you sooooooo much Jessica. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for entering Simply Create Too’s Challenge #37 – “Anything Goes”.

    Simple but effective!! Creative use of button!!

    Divya
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://pinkpapercastle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the Spring colors on this card! Great embossing and I love the stickled flower centers! Thanks for joining the Peachy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So very pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both cards are lovely! LOVE the colors on the first one!!! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both of these cards are wonderful!! I especially love the shaped easel card. Thanks for joining us this week at Peachy Keen Stamps Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Jessica, I missed this post :( so cute, love the colors if the MDC and I just think your little girl is the sweetest!!

    Hope you had a great Thursday my friend!
    Shelly
    P.S. Thanks for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are both such BEAUTIFUL cards. You have a wonderful style and I'm always impressed and inspired to see what you have created! Thanks for joining the PKS Challenge! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  37. Aw, how sweet! I love your style, Jess. Thanks for joining the linky party at All That Stickles. You may want to link up with the new silhouette Challenges blog, too! Julie O, ATS DT member

    ReplyDelete
  38. You always make the most adorable cards!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Jessica ~ BEAUTIFUL! Simply BEAUTIFUL!! Add this to my stack too~ okay just add all your cards to my stack!

    ReplyDelete