Monday, May 6, 2013

Just For Her.....{The Kraft Journal}

Good Morning and Happy Monday everyone!!!
It is time for a new challenge over at
This week's challenge is... 

Just for Her
with mother's day just around the corner I wanted to share another card I made following this week's
Deconstructed Sketch 100
And here is my take on the sketch...
I started out with a Brown Kraft Cardstock base and used the designer papers from October Afternoon~ Modern Homemaker 8x8 paper pad. I wanted my card to have more of a distressed look so all the edges were inked using my Ink Blending Tool and Gathered Twigs distress ink. For my sentiment, I again used the Gathered twigs distress ink and Paper Smooches~ Sentiment Sampler set....I didn't have the "mom" stamp so I pieced letter from 2 of the other sentiments to stamp that. As you can also see I ran each of the pieces through my sewing machine just for alittle something more :)
Here is a close-up of the flower embellishment...... I started by laying down a layer of Red w/White Washi Tape and then using My Creative Time~ Flower Petal Dies cut out the largest and smallest flowers. For the middle flower I used Bazzill cream cardstock which is also the bases of all my pieces and the sentiment mat.
After the pieces were die cut, I inked the edges using my Ink Blending Tool and more Gathered Twigs distress ink. For the brad I used the 1/8th Inch Hole Punch and a Custom Fastener. To finish my flower off I added some felt die cut leaves and to complete my card I added 2 small Cream Twill Tape flags.
So there you have it....my inspiration for this week's challenge.
I hope you have enjoyed my card and will play along with us!
As always I have linked all the supplies I used from The Kraft Outlet below.  If you have not checked out the store yet....make sure you do! There is so much available, the prices are so reasonable and shipping is super fast!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT Monday!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Kraft Outlet Supplies Used:

Additional Supplies Used:
My Creative Time~ Flower Petal Dies
Paper Smooches Stamp Set~Sentiment Sampler
Bazzill Cream Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distresser
Sewing Machine
October Afternoon~ Modern Homemaker 8x8 paper pad
Felt, leaf die
Gathered Twig Distress Ink
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges:
Go Fish Challenge Blog~ Mom
Cardz TV~ There's No Other Like My Mother
Cut it Up~ Mother's Day
DL Art~ Mother's Day
Pile it On~ #18 For a Mother
My Craft Spot~For Mom
The Pink Elephant~ Mother's Day





31 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL card Jessica!I LOVE all the great patterns and the pretty flower,HAPPY Monday my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just so much fun goodness here! Love it Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this my friend. Great design and that flowers is just to cute. TFS! Have a great Monday.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, Jessica!! The papers are so beautiful!! I absolutely love the awesome flower!! What a fabulous card...perfect take on the sketch!! Happy Monday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful Jessica - love the paper choices and pretty flower..
    TFS - hope your Monday is going awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I really like all the elements you used your are really getting good with the sewing machine. I love the felt leaves on the flower- ( I guess I am always attracted to green!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #108 Mother’s Day challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous mother's day card.. loving all the layers and the added flower.. great design..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Card. Love the Design. Great take on that Sketch to my friend. those flowers are so pretty. Hope your having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! The machine stitching looks great and I love the flower! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just BEAUTIFUL my friend!!!you are officially the Queen of Stitching!!the color combo & pattern paper are just PERFECT! The flower is GORGEOUS! Love that MCT die!
    Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenge.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, wonderful distressing and stitching and I love that flower - beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card, love that flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this and the mix of patterns is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful!! I love how your card looks like it is made with fabric, such a pretty combo and I <3 the distressing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the flower on your card! I am going to have to get some of that washi tape but I have really tried to stay away in case it is something else to get addicted to! Love the design and your colours you used. Once again another great card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Jessica! That color combo rocks. Have a great day.

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up.
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS Mother's Day card! I love the layering and the details and the sewing are FABULOUS my friend!! GREAT job and thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what an awesome card! That flower is so fabulous!
    Happy Tuesday!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh, such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us for the 100th Deconstructed Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love what you've done with this sketch. Your card is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz TV.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's such a gorgeous card, and thanks for the tip on using letters from other stamps to make your own words! Very clever!
    Thanks for linking to Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card - Don't forget to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-219.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Mother's Day card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jessica, this is such a fabulous combination of papers and textures!! I love the look of the red and kraft with a few other splashes of colour - and those stitched borders are FANTASTIC!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute card Jessica! I love the papers and the flowers is awesome! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is so pretty! Thanks for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  27. STUNNING color combo! :):) Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up this week for our Mother's Day challenge. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jessica Thanks so much for joining the ctvs challenge. love the flower great take on the sketch too! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jessica ~ Simply BEAUTIFUL! The patterned paper, the flowers and of course the sewing ~ BEYOND PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete