Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wild Thing......{TAWS}

Good Morning Everyone!!
It is my DT day over at
The Alley Way Stamps
and I have a card to share using the new release stamp set for this month~
Deep in the Woods

I just LOVE this set and all the adorable images on here and could not wait to share another card using this time the cutie Raccoon...Here it is....hope you like it :)
I wanted to make it look like the raccoon was peeking out of the tree so I started with my kraft cardstock and embossed it using the distressed striped folder. Next I punched out a 2" circle and stamped my image on a piece of white cardstock...knowing that it was going to be placed behind the circle cutout. I colored him using my copics and then stamped and colored another image so I could pop up his head and tail
You can see in this picture how the 2 popped up pieces of him look...so cute right??!?!
Finally to finish my card up I used a Studio Calico wood piece and stamped my sentiment on it....hot glued it down and then tied some Midnight Trendy Twine  in a bow through a button from my stash.
So there you have it..I really hope you have enjoyed my card!!
I know I LOVED making this one!!
Thanks so very much for popping in and have a GREAT day!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reminders!!
You know there is always a lot going on over at TAWS
~our Be Inspired Challenge
~TAWS freebie's HERE
~TAWS FB page HERE where we love to see your creations!
and
~the store where you can purchase all these adorable stamps HERE

13 comments:

  1. oh he's cute, love his expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Love the embossing and love how his tail flops out of the circle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total cuteness ♥ What a sweet, fun card. Love the embossed background and that little raccoon is just super cute - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossed layer and what a cute little raccoon. Such a cutie. TFS my friend.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, this is sooo cute! you've got the CAS down, I'm so jealous...I have such a hard time with them! I'm sorry I haven't been by lately, work was crazy for the last 6 weeks! have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOTALLY Cute!!You did an AMAZING job on the embossed background! WOW!! Adorable raccoon as well!
    LOVE it my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! That raccoon is so adorable!! My most prized possession is a stuffed raccoon that I've had since birth!! The embossing is so fabulous!! What an awesome card!! Have a great day my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! way to cute and I love the embossing. Thank you for stopping by today!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jessica,
    Your little raccoon is absolutely adorable! I think I need to get that folder..love the look! Your card is awesome as always my friend!
    Trying to play catch up after being gone all week...wow, loved New York! We visited my son who lives in Manhattan. It was pretty amazing! I am missing my craft room and can't wait to get back in there and start creating again!
    Have a great day!
    Also, thanks for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable Jessica ilove how you popped up the little guys head and tail . Did you fussy cut it? Or did you use the cameo?
    Have a great Wednesday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Cute. Love the embossing folder you used with your card too. Love it my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super duper cute card, Jessica - and yes, that adorable racoon does look exactly as you described. Love it! Thank you so much for commenting on my TAWS Be Inspired card, where I tried to showcase some of my favourite TAWS stamps, both new and old. I really wanted to add a doodle frame but...next time!! Thrilled that you like my little creation; you've definitely brightened my day!
    c

    ReplyDelete