Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Simple Birthday Card

Hi everyone!

I didn't get much in the way of crafting done today...it was so beautiful here that I spent the day outside getting the laundry list of things done before the snow begins to fall which could be tomorrow for all I know.
(I hope not...nit quite ready yet!)

Anyways I have a pretty busy week coming up...my 10 year old is going in for surgery on Thursday to have his tonsils and adenoids removed so I have to make sure everything here is done so I can devote all my attention onto him.

I have a PTO meeting tomorrow night and I volunteered to be the staff card maker this year :)
Actually they usually just buy cards but this year I will be making them....all 100 plus of them.
Unfortunately we decided at the last meeting to play catch up so I have been busy going through my stash of already made cards and coming up with all but 10. Not bad!
I just thought I had so many more birthday cards....guess that will be my card focus for a while :)
Anyways here is my quick and simple card using all scraps
I used a Martha Steward punch and a piece of scrap DP .
All the edges were inked with coffee bean pigment ink and
the sentiment is one of my dollar finds.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you all tomorrow!!

17 comments:

  1. I love your card design! Also a great way to use up scraps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card-- the punch you used was fantastic! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great! What a great way to use your stash and I love the design! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is super cute! WOW, you have a lot of cards in your stash! I hope all goes well with your sons surgery. Keep us posted! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card Jessica - and your already did 10 and you need to do 100 - woo hoo that is alot but I'm sure you'll be able to get them down in no time..... Hope all goes well with your son surgery, my son had the same type of surgery done when he was 4 years old.... He always would have a cold and he would breathe through his mouth....His going to be top shape when his re-coops from it.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like this!! All those scallop squares are great!! Can't beat a dollar stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great, Jessica! Simple and easy! And it's great to use up some of those scraps, isn't it!?--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  8. simple but I still love it. really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica,
    This turned out super cute. I just wished my scraps would turn into something this nice
    Hugs, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jessica!
    Just catching up with blog followers & made my way here to you.
    First I want to wish your little boy good luck with his surgery. My youngest had it too & has been doing so well since.
    I just adore your card. You did a great job. The recipient is going to love receiving this.
    I know you have been super busy but I just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I like this Jessica! The polka dot paper is great! You are so sweet to volunteer your time and make so many cards! I am sure they appreciate all the help they can get...Good luck to your son and hope he recovers quickly!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card! I love the paper you used and the fun design!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely simple and clean card!! TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. It may be simple but it's so nice -- I like your card very much!!!

    ReplyDelete