Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Suckers.....{MCT Thrifty Thursday}

Good morning everyone and welcome to 
My Creative Time's Thrifty Thursday.
A day set aside to share any type of project using our scraps/leftovers or recycling items using My Creative Time stamps and dies!
Since Valentine's Day is tomorrow I made come treats for my son's Valentine's Day party.

 I have been trying really hard to use what I have before cutting into another piece of card stock.
So before I share my project I have a tip that has been helping me get through the never ending stack of cardstock.
I take the dies I use the most from MCT~ in this case the Label Die from the Just Simply Live Stamp set and I cut multiples when I have that little scrap of white cardstock laying around. I am able to use up what is left of the paper, I have a bundle of die cuts ready to stamp on and no scraps :) I see it as a win win all around!
I did the same thing with the hearts, I had a bunch of red cardstock left over from when I made the Christmas Pillow Boxes (see project HERE) so I used that and the large heart from the new Stitched Sweethearts & XOXO Dies and got through a huge chunk of those scraps.

Now I can share my projects..... I used the fun Heart Winged Lollipop Covers from SVG Cutting Files as the base to my suckers and then the die cuts from My Creative Time to decorate the front.
I tied these all together using Cranberry Trendy Twine and the sentiment from the Puffy Hearts Just For You stamp set

The same stamp set was used for this as well but I added Berry Trendy Twine to close these ones
And these are the last of the bunch. Again I used the same sentiment and this time added some Strawberry Cupcake Trendy Twine.

So what do you think?????
I am hoping the kiddo's like these! 
Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the DT made!
I know the inspiration is AWESOME!!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT Thursday!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering these into the following challenges:
Craftin Desert Divas

34 comments:

  1. Your lollipop covers turned out really cute and oh your kiddo's are really going to love them Love how you used all of Miss Emma's goodies.
    Very fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute, Jessica! The kids will definitely LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling Valentine's day treats!! They are going to love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! These are fabulous!!! I LOVE this idea so much! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute treat toppers, good tip for cutting the banners!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who throws out papers, LOL! I'm a hoarder myself, hehe... I have tons of them, and they really come in handy . Great use of those scraps for your lollipop holders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute project....I am sure the kiddo's will love them! I try and do the same with my left over paper to! I am doing good so far this year using up scraps...yippee!
    Have a great day and be back next week to visit:)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are AMAZING!!! Love what you create. It is ALWAYS Super cute & FUN!!!Love that you used your scraps. Awesome job!!
    Totally cute & YUMMY!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh girlfriend, these lovely lolli's will be the hit of the class!!! Absolutely delightful!!! And I love your idea for scraps and cardstock conservation! I totally try to do that too with many of my fave MCT dies--it truly puts every scrap to use! Thanks for sharing your wonderful and yummy project today! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just look at all that Valentine's Day yumminess! Cute, cute, cute! Your son is going to be a very popular young man tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so yummy and fabulous, Jessica!! I love the papers you used!! Your son's friends will adore these!! I try to cut extras with dies, too and I keep them in a box...sadly, I forget to use the ones in the box when I need them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, so many treats! The other kids in your son's class must love when he brings in the goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are awesome. You are a terrific mom to make all of these awesome treat! Great job. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute and sweet :) thanks for the great tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WONDERFULLY done!!! Girl, you go! I made 19 and thought my hand was gonna fall off tying all the twine, lol!! You did an AWESOME job!!!

    Thanks for linking up with us over at Craftin Desert Divas!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so adorable!!! The kiddos are going to love them!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are most fabulous Jessica!!! I so love the 3 different papers and twines using the same cut. The children should really love getting these. Thank you so very much for joining our ' Hearts' Linky Party at PDE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love them, Jessica! I think the classmates will love them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really Sa-weet sucker holders! Thanks for sharing them with us at The Pink Elephant Challenge!

    Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these! Very fun project and I'm sure the kids will just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful job on your treats and thank you for the tips on paper.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. DARLING! Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful little treats in our challenge this week. What a joy to have you share your creative ideas with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  23. these are all darlin'!!! I do the samething but with the banner from vintage label dies! I have a baggie with white and vintage cream cardstock already cut! great minds, right! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's always nice to use up those "scraps" especially when they turn out like this! Yummy little sweets in such darling packaging…I know your boys love having such a creative mom!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are fabulous and I love the idea about using up those papers before adding them to your pile. Die cutting them, means you have things on hand ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the lollipop covers they are adorable and a great way to utilize scraps!
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are super cute! Thanks for linking up your project at Craftin Desert Divas! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are perfect I bet everyone loved them!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute Valentine treats! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink a Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a darling project and perfect for these little treats! Thank you for blessing us with your talents at Word Art Wednesday! We look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
  31. these are totes adorbs! Thanks for joining the Wacky Wednesday Challenge!

    Happy Crafting!
    Paula
    morethanfavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Perfect, easy and cute way to hand out suckers at school!!!!

    ReplyDelete