Monday, February 17, 2014

Face Day~ Garden Markers......{Peachy Keen Stamps}

Good Morning Everyone!
I am VERY excited about today's post!
It is my turn to share a "Face Day" project over on the Peachy Keen Stamps blog and boy do I have a CUTE project to share (if I must say so myself..LOL)

With the weather being SO cold and snowy here, I wanted to start thinking warmer thoughts, and one of my favorite times of the year is Spring Time....
because I get to plant my garden!
I LOVE going out there to pick my fresh veggies, and my boys will frequent the garden for a quick snack while running through the yard. A tomato here and there, a handful of sugar snap peas or a pepper~yes my oldest will eat a pepper like an apple.

So my project for today is some garden markers, which I can not wait to post by the plants.
I have several pictures to share, and if you want to see them closer, you can always click on the images.

So here we go....
I started by making 9 markers, and will add a few more over the next few weeks.
Each of the image are from SVG Cutting Files~ Kawaii Veggies. I pulled them into the Silhouette Designer Studio, sized them to fit the the base and erased the faces so I could stamp my Peachies on each of them.
Here are the 4 pepper markers. Each one was stamped with a different Peachy Keen Kawaii Face stamp. I used the Stitched Journal Die from My Creative Time as my base cutting them out using an assortment of polka dot papers from my stash. For the names, I die cut some banners from the Just Simply Live set and used the letters also from that set to spell out what each veggie is.
To add dimension to each of the veggies, I did use my white gel pen and some chalk for their faces. Before putting each of the pieces together, I inked the edges using Tim Holtz Distress inks.
To finish each of my markers off, I laminated them so hopefully they will last for many planting seasons. I hot glued some wood stakes to the backs and they are now ready to be placed in my garden!
So what do you think of my project???? 

Supplies Used:
Peachy Keen Stamps~ Kawaii Faces 1 1/8"
Peachy Keen Stamps~ Kawaii Face Assortment
My Creative Time~Just Simply Live w/Die
My Creative Time~ Stitched Journal Die
Assorted Polka Dot Pattern Paper
chalk, white gel pen, copics
laminator

I appreciate you stopping by to check out my project!!
Hoping that you too will make some of these fun and totally adorable garden markers!!

~~Don't forget there is the current Peachy Keen Stamps Photo/Color Inspiration challenge going on now. You can find all the details HERE.

~~ And the February Linky Party going on HERE. We want to see all those projects using the new February 2014 release!

AWESOME prizes awarded for both challenges!

Have a GREAT Monday everyone!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges:
SVG Cutting Files

29 comments:

  1. Super cute garden markers and I like that you laminated them too...good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just too cute, Jessica!! Love them! ~hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica these Garden markers are not only clever but oh sooo cute, I love that they are laminated and can stand the rain! Awesome project and refreshing, the snow is piled up here on the island, can't wait to garden myself! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't these just the cutest little veggies! What sweet faces to brighten any garden spot. Love this idea, Jessica! Super way to start my Monday! Have a great day today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable, Jessica! What fun! Love the cuts, and the little faces on them are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic Jessica. I'm a garden freak, so this is right up my alley... Love all their expression...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just adorable...love those faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! Cute?......Super DUPER Cute!!! Stinkin cute in my opinion!
    OMG!! This is TOO much!!! Love that you laminated them and their PK faces are Flippin cute!!
    Love! Love! Love!
    There should be a love button somewhere here..
    Have a wonderful day my AMAZING friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right so cute! What a fun project and super idea Jessica! How awesome you have a garden in your yard that the boys will pick from. I wish I could get them to rub off on my short stack! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, how stinkin' adorable are these!! My garden is a much smaller scale, but I want some of these!! I am in love with them!! You are so creative!! Love, love, love, love, love them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jessica! I wish you could see me! I am having a fit! These are the cutest markers I have ever seen! Do you mind if I steal...err...borrow this idea from you if I give you all the credit for it on my blog?

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness - how very, very cute! I wish I had a green thumb - I think it"s any color except for green...lol! It's a beautiful day here, I even have a window or two open to let in the breeze. Sending you warm, spring time wishes my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are the most adorable markers ever! Love all of the peachy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable! I have been wanting to make some for my garden and these faces are perfect. Thanks for sharing at SVG Cutting Files.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute Jessica! Those faces are the best! Thanks for playing along at SVG Cutting Files!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how totally awesome.. such a fun idea..

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are adorable -- one of the first things I made when I got my cricut, garden markets. I like yours and the laminating is a great idea
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! these are so sticking ADORABLE!!! LOVE them my friend:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG LOVE these, AWESOME job my sweet friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are just adorable, love how they came out!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such cute little garden markers!! Sweet!
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are by FAR the BEST plant markers I have ever seen, Jessica! So bright and fun - and simply adorable too!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh my goodness, these veggie sticks are WAY to COOL!!! What a FUN way to mark your isles...I love this! I know of someone that would get a kick out of these and absolutely love them for her garden! Thanks for the fun idea.. I may have to try and make some for her birthday in June.
    TFS!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are the cutest! Thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jessica ~ Oh these are so CUTE, SO CLEVER and so PERFECT!! I cant wait until Spring too ~ Tired of this winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Jessica, you're going to have the best looking garden with these cute markers. TFS with us at SVG Cutting files.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Boy, these would brighten up any garden!! To darling to leave out in the weather though, couldn't stand the thought of them getting ruined :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW Jessica these are so super cute!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete