Monday, April 8, 2013

Tag You're It! {The Kraft Journal}

Good Morning and Happy Monday everyone!!

It is a busy morning on my blog....I have both my Trendy Twine and The Kraft Journal posts going live at the same time so please make sure to check them both out!!!
For my Trendy Twine post click HERE

It is time for a new challenge over at The Kraft Journal!
Before I share the challenge and my project I want to say 
Thank you ALL so very much for the sweet comments both here and on fb about me joining 
The Kraft Journal! You all made me feel so GREAT!! I am super excited about this and hope you will hop over to TKJ and play along in our challenges!!!
Speaking of challenges....this week's challenge is....
Tag You're it!
we want to see all those fun tags which brings me to my project.....
I made this fun tag ....Hope you like it!!
Isn't this a fun tag??? 
I bought this stamp set~ Java Time from Jaded Blossom especially for this project (since I knew I was joining the team I was thinking ahead...LOL)
So I started out with a mini burlap tag and cut a piece of Brown Kraft Cardstock to the same size to attach to the back of the tag....That way I can still write a message to the recipient. 
I then stamped the adorable image onto another piece of Brown Kraft Cardstock and colored her partly using my copics and some white gel pen.
Using some Red with White Polka Dots washi tape, I washi pieced....Ha a new term... her hair bow and coffee mug. 
How adorable did this turn out!!!
I know I will me washi piecing alot more!!!

Here is a close-up of the sentiment from the same Jaded Blossom set...I just added it to a banner die cut from My Creative Time~ Vintage Stitched Label Die after I distressed the edges with my Ink Blending Tool and some gathered twigs distress ink.

Here is the completed project with the tag attached to the Small Kraft Coffee Bag w/Window using a Hinge Clip.

So what do you think??? I hope you like my project and will check out what the rest of the DT has created HERE.
I would love to see you play along with this challenge as well :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT Monday!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges






19 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute. I love the tag. She is adorable. What a cute and creative idea. Thanks for sharing sweetie.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! LOVE the burlap!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...love the burlap and colouring on kraft!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jessica, you did an awesome job on this tag! I LOVE YOUR NEW TERM - WASHI PIECED!!!!! I can see that word circulating amongst us crafter's for sure.. very clever indeed to do her head piece this way..I also love the hightlights in her hair. Terrific project, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tag as much as I love coffee and if you know anything about me....it is that I can not live with out my coffee!!!! So with that being said I will email you my address and you can send the coffee my way! Just joking, but really what a great gift ideal and the tag is just perfect! TFS! now I am off to fill my cup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooo freaking adorable!!! I love how you washi pieced her headband and coffee mug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out really cute - love the tag and the use of the washi tapes... yummy - Coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun tag I love your cute image and the paper s and coloring You rock!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes April Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a DARLING tag!!I just LOVE it!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. washi peiced?! You crazy awesome crafty girl you! I LOVE it! I just love that little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEEK This is just way too CUTE!!! Love how you colored her up so sweet my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my is this CAUUTE!! Love that fun tag with the burlap and paper clip! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So stinkin cute!!! I love the texture of the burlap tag and the your little girl turned out adorable! You are amazing! Thanks for joining us this week for the *tags* challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet - I love the burlap, its fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This tag is so so cute! She is adorable and I really love the texture from the burlap too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tag! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUPER CUTE little project and great tag,LOVE IT!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, this is adorable!!! I love the idea of washi paper piecing - fabulous!!!

    Hope you had a terrific week, it was our spring break and we took a little vacation. So I'm playing catch up :)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!!! A burlap tag, you're so clever!!! It looks so perfect on your coffee bag!!!!

    Great!!!!

    ReplyDelete