Monday, April 15, 2013

Just Chicken In... {The Kraft Journal}

Good Morning and Happy Monday everyone!!!
It is time for a new challenge over at The Kraft Journal!
This week we want to see all your 
Clean and Simple 
or otherwise known as CAS creations
(a personal favorite of mine....as you may know from many of my cards)

As you may know from previous posts..we raise chickens~ hence the name of my blog :) and I am always on the lookout for chicken stamps....well I found this adorable older set from 
 Stampin Up~Best of Cluck 
but had the hardest time purchasing it....they were going for CRAZY prices on eBay so every time I was close to winning the set I was always outbid :(
Well I finally won it and this is the first time I am using it ....
So I hope you like my card!!
And I even finished off the inside....
What do you think.....Such a cute chicken right????
Since it is CAS, there were not a lot of extras added so I  linked all the products I used from The Kraft Journal below in the supplies used.
I could see making these in bulk and packaging them up for a quick hello to send to a friend.
It was super simple to put together and really what too the most time was the stitching and waiting for my stickles to dry!!

Supplies Used:
Paper~ Brown Kraft Cardstock, Bazzill Vanilla, Black
Stamps~ Stampin Up~ Best of Cluck
My Creative Time~Spring Chicken Backgrounds
Ink~ Vintage Photo Distress Ink, memento tuxedo black
Other~ Sewing machine, stickles (yellow, xmas red, frosted lace)

And here are a few pictures of "my girls"
The leader of the bunch.....she loves to follow us around  
digging for bugs....what they do best....
Bath time....rolling in the dirt

Well that is all I have for today....Thanks so very much for popping in to say hello!
Have a GREAT Monday everyone!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges
Crafty Your Passion~Adorable Animals
Simon Says Stamp and Show~ Backgrounds

29 comments:

  1. LOVE that stamp set, Jess the cute card you created with it. The little tracks on the inside are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday!! I love, love this card. I love the hexagon stamp and the chicken just too cute!! Great job my friend!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT card Jessica and I LOVE the pics too!!!SOOO CUTE,Have a FANTASTIC day my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are adorable!! What fun pictures!! And your card is fabulous, Jessica!! That chicken stamp is too stinkin' cute!! Love the chicken wire background and the adorable tracks on the inside!! What a fun card!! Happy Monday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute...all of it...the card and the chickens...lol
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card Jessica, I love the chicken wire and thanks so much for explaining what CAS means! I always see it and wonder what the heck they're talking about, lol. Happy Monday my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica,
    Oh my goodness I love this. That sentiment is super cute. Your girls are adorable, never thought I would say that when speaking of a chicken, but they are! You are quite the busy woman
    Hugs, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card, both inside and out. I could find a couple of people to use this card for. When my brother in law was living in Hawaii every morning he would go out for a run and be attached by a bunch of wild chicken, so we love to tease him when ever we get the chance! and the my daughter nick name is chicken! I actually asked her why just yesterday and she said it was because her legs don't tan so it is just a running joke between her BFF and her. Anyway I have rambled on enough, I just wanted to pop in and wish you a Happy Monday and say have a super great week. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card. Too cute. Love the wire and those tracks on the inside perfect touch. Thanks for sharing my friend and have a wonderful Monday.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe this is too fun... great post Jessica.. i love this funny card..

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!This post is TOO Cute!Funny....I Love it!
    A Super Cute Card!Cute Chicks!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jessica...your card is so cute. I really like your chicken card. Love the chicken wire stamp that you've randomly used on the cover and also the interior of your card. Your chicken stamp IS really cute! Love it and the sentiment! I also enjoyed seeing the photographs of "your girls". Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehehe! Love all of your pictures! And I also love the saying, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your girls are adorable!!! I love love this card! It's perfect for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cool Card, Love it. Thanks for sharing a picture of your girls too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card - love love the stamps and those little feet on the inside are perfect. Great photos of your chics too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute, love the card and your chickens....

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a stinkin' cute card. So are your chickens laying again now that the days are longer? My friend's are. So, now I get yummy fresh eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness what a fun card! Love the chicken wire stamp and that little chick is too cute! Great pics of your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jessica ~ Oh how I ADORE your card! This is so fitting for your blog ~ I LOVE it! The chicken with the chicken wire stamp on Kraft ~ EEK! Oh then there are your girls ~ Oh Jessica make me smile so much I can't tell you enough! BEAUTIFULLY done as always and love your "girls"!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE it!!! And love the chicken tracks on the inside... soooo fun!!!

    I lose a lot of bids on eBay too, but always manage to finally get what I want as well! Go figure, huh?!!! LOL! Guess you just have to be patient and wait -- that coming from me who's frantic when I want something I've been outbid on... lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, this is fantastic!! I love the stamping and that touch of glitter is just fabulous! And I LOVE the tracks inside! Just too clever - and so fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is adorable. I love the stamped theme and glitter! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is definitely a JESSICA kind of a card!
    I love it:) Your chickies are so stinken cute. We use to have chickens when I was growing up too:)

    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Jess, I just love this card!! It is so cute!! I am not a huge fan or birds of any kind, but your chickens are so cute!! Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card, love the little footprints inside, nice touch
    Hugz Minxy

    ReplyDelete
  27. To stinkin' cute!!!! Love the chicken wire background and the little feet inside!!!!! This is so darn fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete