Wednesday, April 3, 2013

B~A~B~Y Box {Trendy Twine DT Project}

Good Morning Everyone!!!
It is my DT day over on the Trendy Twine blog and I am very excited to share my project with you all!
This month we are showcasing 
A beautiful mix of Yellow and White Bakers Twine
Image of Lemon Tart Trendy Twine {Yellow & White Bakers Twine}
Perfect for all those spring projects!!!
Speaking of spring~which is absolutely in the air, it is also getting to be a big baby season so for my project today I made a Baby Treat box that can hold a small gift, gift card or some baby mementos....
There are quite a few pictures and you can always click on them to make them bigger!
Here we go....I hope you like my project!!


 





I used a file from SVG Cuts~ Bundle of Joy SVG Kit  then added my own touches and embellishments. The adorable bee~which I thought looks like a baby bee~so adorable~ is from Cottage Cutz~Bugs (4x6) and I used one of the adorable PK faces from that set. I added some white gel pen to her eyes and some pink chalk to her cheeks. Also to give her some sparkle I added some yellow stickles to her belly. I did use the antenna stamp from the set as well but just had to add some pom poms in Lemon Tart Trendy Twine. (I have this obsession with making TT pom poms! They are So much fun to make!!!

Next I added the letters to spell out "BABY" to each of the sides. The file comes with the letters and the mats that I cut out with the designer papers. I wanted a bigger mat to cover the Kraft cardstock box so I cut some white cardstock, attached the pattern paper and then ran each panel through my sewing machine. I added each of the letters, popped up with some foam dots and then embellished with some yellow stickles, Lemon Tart Trendy Twine bows and flowers and some buttons and flat back pearls (a gift from my sweet friend Kate!)
So what do you think??? Wouldn't this make a cute gift for a friend who is having a baby girl? It was super easy to put together and would look just as adorable with the papers switched for a boy!
Well that is all I have for you today!
Thanks so very much for stopping by and have a GREAT hump day everyone!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges:
Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge~ 13~13 3D Objects Oh Baby
Pumpkin Spice~ Spring Animals
DL Art~ Thankful Thursday Challenge....Spring
All that Stickles~ Yellow Linky Party
Craftin Desert Divas~ Linky Party w/Buttons
Really Reasonable Ribbon~ Buttons and Bows
Go Fish Challenge Blog~ Flowers
Ribbon Carousel Blog~ Showers/Flowers

48 comments:

  1. OMG Jessica,your little box is just GORGEOUS my friend!I LOVE that sweet bee,TOO CUTE!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious box. Love everything about it. The bee on top is adorable. This would be so cute sitting in a nursery. TFS!!

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. CARINISSIMA QUESTA SCATOLINA, SIMPATICISSIMA L'APE CHE HAI FATTO

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just way to adorable. Love the box, stitching, poms and the beautiful Color. Very Detailed my friend and beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is what I call adorable!!! Thank you for linking up with us for linky party #3 over at http://craftindesertdivas.com/.

    Robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So darn adorable...love those twine pom poms on the bee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!!!! Just love his antennae!!!!!

    Have a super day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well my comment didnt work i will try again. This is the cutest thing i have ever seen! The little poms for the antenna is so cute!
    Deb C
    Bugjuiced

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my heck girl this is so totally adorable.. i LOVE IT... so creative and AWESOME..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely lovely! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, Jessica, this is the cutest baby box ever!! I absolutely LOVE it!! That bee is so sweet - I love his pom pom antennae!! Absolutely fabulous project my friend!! It looks amazing!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooo cute Jessica!!! I'm just loving those little pom poms for the antennas!!! Gonna have to learn how to do that! :) Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW...this is too CUTE! I love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please teach me how you made those pompoms!!! THEY ARE AWESOME! Great project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh that bee is too cute with his little pompoms! Beautiful project, have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bee 'twine' antenna is just so cute and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Jessica!!! This is fabulously cute. Love love the use of the twine for the the antennae!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Wow Jessica! I wish you could see me! I am throwing a fit over this cute box! How adorable is this! You are so clever! The pom-poms on the antennas is darling!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  19. so adorable! I've been wanting to try pom poms for a while, so need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely adorable!! I ALMOST used this same box for the PK Challenge... thank goodness I didn't because mine NEVER would have looked this darn cute!! LOL!! Once again, you have "wowed" me with your creation! :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bee-utiful! I love the twine pom-poms!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! Jessica this is super super "adorable" and love every little detail and OMG! those pom poms are too cute!! Thank you for stopping my my friend, have a fabulous day!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so HAPPY to be one your bloggie friends so that when something as CREATIVE,SWEET and just so BEAUTIFUL,gets posted,I say ...WOW!!
    You did it again! and Yes! it does not surprise me at ALL!! and then I just wait for the next post and wonder what would it be ....
    I hope you know that this is AMAZING!!
    Sending bloggie love to you my friend,
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great box Jessica.. I think this is my fave of all your projects.... So cute and perfect for a nursery.... Awesome details from the images, top, sides and complete box..... You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness that is too cute, I just love all your wonderful personal touches! A-DOR-A-BLE :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great little box, love all of the fun details you added as embellishments! The bee is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OH THIS IS SOOOO cute! Love the bee and that GORGEOUS face!

    Hope you are having a GREAT week!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh good golly - how adorable is this? Sweetest little baby gift box EVER! Love all the fun colors and that bee is just over-the-moon cute ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jessica ~ OH my WORD! I LOVE this to pieces! It isn't just ADORABLE but BEE~UTIFUL! WOW! I would LOVE to have this added to my pile! LOL! That bee is super CUTE, the box is a PERFECT size, the sewing ~ got me there and all the details! ADORE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Jessica this makes the perfect gift for a baby girl!!!!! Amazing job and I love the cute adorable Bee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the best!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh MY! This is CAH-UTE!!! Thanks for playing along with us, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What I said earlier my friend. Thanks for linking up with Craft It up & Link It Up

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creavtive Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so sweet. I love it. What a beautiful baby gift box I have a christening coming up soon this would be great to put a small gift in.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #106 Spring challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW!! Jessica!! This is AMAZING!! I LOVE IT!! :) BIG HUGS!
    Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh Jessica what a wonderful shade of yellow. Love your box will have to go check that file out! Will have to make one for my daughter this would look great on a shelf...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Jessica, your box is totally adorable!!! Love how you put it together and used the twine,... and the little bee on top -- well he's just too cute!

    Thanks for visiting today, always a pleasure to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh My how super CUTE this is!!!! LOVE it! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Buttons & Bows challenge this time!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is the perfect gift. Love it, the pom poms are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG, this is BEEautiful! What a great gift, and I love those little twine pompoms! The stickles on the bee are fantastic too! Thanks for joining All that Stickles yellow linky party!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is so fun!! Love the bee :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. lovely colors....thanks for joining at RRR! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow! This is incredibly amazing,Jess! LOVE that sweet bee. It is so freakin' adorable. Forget the goodies inside; I just want the box :)

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete