Monday, April 29, 2013

You Rock.....{The Kraft Journal}

Good Morning and Happy Monday everyone!!!
It is time for a new challenge over at
This week's challenge is... 
POP of COLOR
And seeing that I LOVE my CAS designs....I have another one to share with you.
Both of my boys play in their school band's...my youngest plays the trumpet and the older one plays the base clarinet. In a few weeks my youngest has his first ever band concert so my card will be given to him. I hope you like it :)
I used several products from The Kraft Outlet and have linked them all in the supply list at the bottom of the post but will go through and share what I have done.
I took this side angle picture to show the embossed music notes. I forgot I had this Tim Holtz embossing folder....Anyways it was a perfect match for my card. I started out with a Brown Kraft Cardstock A2 size card base and then layered it with a Black and another layer of kraft cardstock mat.After embossing the bottom half only, I added my machine stitching, some Black Twill Tape to cover where the embossing ended.
Here is the close-up of the embellishments. Once I tied the black twill tape and fixed the bow to my liking I added some Natural Hemp Cord in a triple bow and hot glued it on top of the twill tape. I had the perfect brad to cover the glue, I used the Custom Fasteners and instead of using the clear stickers that come in the package, I filled the top with some glossy accents. The heart is a die cut using felt and the stitched heart from My Creative Time, and the "u" is the letter die cut also from My Creative Time, using my cuttlebug and a piece of Chipboard. I put that part together also with some hot glue and attached the whole thing to a Memo Pin, stuck through my bow.
Finally to finish my card off I added my sentiment. I used The Alley Way Stamps~ Jibber Jabber stamp set and memento tuxedo black ink

The Kraft Journal Supply List~

Well that is all I have for today....Thanks so very much for popping in to say hello!
Have a GREAT Monday everyone!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entering this into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamps Challenge~ Anything Goes (#4)
Everyday is an Occasion~ Linky  Party
Paper Playtime~ Embossing

24 comments:

  1. Fab...love the felt heart in the pin!!! Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool card and You do Rock.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love the felt and of course the stitching. He will love it. Have a fabulous Monday my friend.

    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card and thanks for this Idea. My 14 year old will definitely love this card. Love the embossing perfect card for me to give him.

    Have a Great Week My Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card rocks, great note embossing folder....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great CAS design, perfect for a trumpet playing boy! The embossed music note pattern and the sentiment are great choices for a music inspired card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it my friend!!Fabulous & Fun!!!
    I am hoping someday for you to make tutorials(videos)on your stitching..lol
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS job with this AWESOME looking card Jessica!!!Happy Monday my sweet friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous, Jessica!! The embossing looks so amazing!! I love the bow and the felt heart!! This is just perfect for your son's first concert!! It's fabulous!! Happy Monday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. so super cute, jessica!!! hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card - I love the embossing and that fabulous little brad. Wonderful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Jessica! You know, you make card making look so easy! I'm trying to make one right now and I'm sooooo stuck, lol. Send me some of your mojo :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica, you did it again! This is so darn cute. I love your twist on the embellishments! It turned out so awesome and just love all the elements:) The embossing look great-adds so much texture! Your rocked this!
    Have a great night my friend and by the way, thanks so much for all your sweet comments last week during the sneak peek and hop..your support was really appreciated!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! girl this is super awesome and I love the embossing and the touch of red, not to mention the cool pin with the clip holding the U. Fabulous card!! Have a fabulous evening!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely - a wonderful design :) Thank you so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card. I love the colors used.
    TFS An'Jenic

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a FANTASTIC card Jessica!! the embossing looks fab and that POP of RED - AWESOME!!
    Have a GREAT day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. the music note embossing is such a perfect touch for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jessica, your talent never ceases to delight and amaze me... I just adore this clever and beautifully composed card with the pop of red! Thanks so much for being on our team at The Kraft Journal, you inspire us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this and I say that all the time. LOL I'm glad you a different view of the card because I didn't notice the music embossing until the next photo. Thank you for playing at Paper Playtime. Be sure to check out our Facebook Page to see if your project entry was highlighted and linked to your blog!
    Paper Playtime Challenge Page on Facebook
    :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool card. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Playtime for our embossing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful emboss! I love the colour combo! Thank you for playing along at Paper Playtime.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jessica ~ Well Hello friend! I know I have been MIA for a LOOONG time now! So I am going to pick some post randomly and this is one of them! OMG! I LOVE this card! LOVE the colors, the embossing and the little details! I bet your boys did amazing and LOVED their cards!!! Okay off to more stocking! I PROMISE NEVER to get this far behind again ~ EVER!!! I missed to many AWESOME creations! EEK!

    ReplyDelete