Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Flowers....April Challenge {Trendy Twine}

Good Morning everyone....
It is a busy morning on my blog....I have both my Trendy Twine and The Kraft Journal posts going live at the same time so please make sure to check them both out!!!
(For The Kraft Journal click HERE)

Welcome to the April Challenge
with
~The color twine of the Month is Lemon Tart~
A beautiful mix of Yellow and White Bakers Twine
Image of Lemon Tart Trendy Twine {Yellow & White Bakers Twine}
And our challenge for this month is:
 Spring Flowers 
~Flowers,
 ~the color yellow
~stamped image or sentiment (digital stamp is fine)
and 
~Trendy Twine

**If you do not have Trendy Twine,
use hemp, jute, or embroidery thread only
(no other brands of bakers twine)**

 Better yet... head over to the store HERE
~to pick up a roll of Lemon Tart~
 it's on sale for $7.95
or
~pick up this limited spring bundle HERE
Image of Trendy Twine's Spring Bundle {Yellow, Pink, & Lime Set}  Limited Availability
GREAT deals on these gorgeous spring colors!!!

Now onto my project.....
(picture my treat box filled with flower seeds.....I didn't have any on hand when photographing my project)
I made a a flower card/gift box using the adorable freebie file Ruthie over at September Ninth shared at Christmas time~ here is the link to her original post~thanks Ruthie!!!
I started out with the The Kraft Outlet kraft cardstock and designer papers from My Minds Eye~ Playdate paper stack. After all the pieces were cut and adhered to the card base, I ran the side , card/tag part through my sewing machine. Couldn't help it...love the way the stitching looks :)
The sentiment is from My Creative Time~Hello Spring stamp set and I added some yellow stickles to that as well as the yellow brad
Next it was onto making my flower.....this is a total scrap lift from my friend Deb..she made a GREAT tutorial on how to make these twine flowers...you can check it out HERE she uses the "other" twine...LOL...but this gorgeous flower is using Lemon Tart Trendy Twine.
I added a button to the center using the new stitched button dies from My Creative Time.
The stem is part of the flower cut from Miss Kate Cuttables~ doesn't it look GREAT with that twine flower top???
Finally here is what the tag looks like...plenty of room to write a message. I couldn't leave it plain so I stamped another sentiment from My Creative Time~ Bloom Where You are Planted stamp set and then added some yellow stickles.
What do you think????
Now don't forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team has created today

over on the Trendy Twine Blog!

I would LOVE to see you play along in our challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT day!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges
Ribbon Carousel Blog~ Showers/Flowers
My Creative Time~Designer Challenge
DL Art~ Thankful Thursday Challenge....Spring
Craftin Desert Divas~ Linky Party w/Buttons
Really Reasonable Ribbon~ Buttons and Bows
All that Stickles~ Yellow linky party

37 comments:

  1. Jess, your work is always fantastic!! I love this! That twine flower is sooo cute! But, so is the whole project! Thanks for joining us at All That Stckles!
    - Julie O, ATS DT member
    http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. carinissimo il tuo lavoro...mi servira' da ispirazione

    ciao da ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you are so creative, Jessica!! This is fabulous!! Wow, I love the twine flower!! It looks amazing!! The entire design is gorgeous!! I love this my friend!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, this is the most cleaver card I have seen. I will be dashing over to see about getting the file. Really cute paper and the flower is FAB.. Now that is a flower I could make. TFS

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love that flower! So cool : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute design...love the flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jessica , this is so unique and creative!!!! Love the stitching and that twine flower..thank you for the links!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow Jessica..this is amazing!! I just love that flower! And all the color is so pretty!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome project! I love the card, tag and the fun flower! You have a real gift when it comes to using the twine! Looks like I will be busy this morning checking out the links you left. TFS! and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow how cute is your twine flower - simply amazing Jessica... Great project - perfect gift to give away also. I love doing gardening work, LOL!
    Enjoy your happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so springy and colorful I just love the twiney flower I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #106 Spring challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG...this is WONDERFUL! I love the way the flower came out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously I'm becoming obsessed with your creations. I love it!! You are so creative.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Button” Linky Party.
    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  14. This 3-D Creation is FABULOUS and FUN!!Awesome job my friend!!OMG on the Flower!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW WOW WOW, this is amazing. Love that twine flower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That flower is amazing!!! I LOVE your work, and this one really takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The flower is awesome, and I love the box. Thanks for playing at ATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. Love how you made the flower this looks awesome my friend like always, Hope your having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute! Love the colors and the details!

    ReplyDelete
  20. GORGEOUS card Jessica! The design is so fun and I LOVE the twine flower:) SO fun and looks amazing!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another stunning creation using the twine - love how you are finding different ways to use it!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not sure what happened to my comment:( well I will leave another comment! ;) I think your project is FABULOUS just like EVERYTHING ELSE you make my friend! Thanks for playing along!
    BIG HUGS,
    EMMA:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!! Pretty much sums up all your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMGoodness Jessica, I totally love this card! The patterned paper is so pretty and the twine flower is gorgeous, love it!! Hope you had a smooth Monday :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful project! Your creations are amazing, love all of the fun elements you incorporate! And that twine flower is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are a total twine guru Jessica!! Awww, heck with that... you are just a CRAFTING GURU!! I love and adore everything you do!! You are such an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jessica this is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job on that flower! Thanks for playing along with the My Creative Time Designer's Challenge! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW!!! Love your card -- but the flower definitely got my eye!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow so pretty thanks for joining us over at all that stickles - cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  30. super super cute! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Buttons & Bows Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  31. BEAUTIFUL job with your card and tag Jessica!!!I LOVE your flower my friend,Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. soooo adorable! lovely colors....thanks for joining at RRR! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is super fun and so creative!! What a great project!!
    Good looking twine flower 🌼- it's so neat!
    The stitching looks awesome!!
    Great job my friend!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jessica ~ Well the week I took a little break from commenting and you create this master piece! OMG! I LOVE this! How COOL is this cut/file/project! OMG! That flower is simply STUNNING! I have to try and make one someday when I EVER get time! LOL! BEAUTIFULLY done with the PERFECT papers! Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge! BTW ~ I may have the boots in your size too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is AMAZING!!!! The twine flower is fab!!!!! The bright chevron paper so happy and spring like!!!! Super, duper cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete