Monday, January 7, 2013

Trendy Twine January Challenge~ Show Us Your Mittens

Good Morning
and 
Welcome to our 
first challenge of the new year over at 
Trendy Twine

Our Twine of the Month is Watermelon Taffy!
~~this beautiful mix of Pink, White and Lime~~
Image of Watermelon Taffy Trendy Twine {Pink, White, & Lime Bakers Twine}

And our challenge for this month is:
"Show Us Your Mittens"
Must include:
Mittens
Buttons
Snowflake
Color pink
Trendy Twine*

**If you do not have Trendy Twine,
use hemp, jute, or embroidery thread only
(no other brands of bakers twine)**

Or even better yet... head over to the store HERE
to pick up one of their GREAT starter packs
like this 
Watermelon Taffy Mini Pack
Image of Trendy Twine Watermelon Taffy Mini Pack

Now onto my card....
I wanted to play with the twine a little differently for my project so I made my first ever twine pom pom (LOVE it) and added some fringe to my mittens...
I hope you like it!!
Supplies Used:
Paper~ White, Kraft
Bazzill~ Cotton Candy
Simple Stories~ Baby Steps
Stamps~ Paper Smooches
Sentiment Sampler
Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies/Cuts~ Mittens~
Silhouette Store
Other~ Trendy Twine~
Watermelon Taffy
Snowflake embossing folder
Buttons/Snowflake eyelet (stash)


Now don't forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team has created today
over on the Trendy Twine Blog
I would LOVE to see you play along in our challenge... You have until
Monday January 28th!
Plenty of time!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT day!!

36 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely adorable!

    Linda ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Jessica. LOVING the pom-pom and the mittens, fantastic idea. The colors are this card are just gorgeous!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooo super cute!!!!!! great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the trim and pom pom!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love that fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my super fun card... I love this color combo...great card...

    ReplyDelete
  7. eekkkk CUTE CUTE CUTE! I love the fluffy twine & pompom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TOO SUPER CUTE!!! <3 <3 <3 'em.
    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card Jessica - love the use of the twine:-) TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Mother!!!!! LOL How did you make that pom pom!!!! Gorgeous , Gorgeous Gorgeous card Jessica!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable! I too am a huge fan of that Pom Pom and need to find out how to make one .. Stat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jessica, I love your mittens! They are so cute and what a creative way to use the twine, beautiful card my friend!! Happy Monday :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you used the twine! Great Pom Pom, I can't ever get mine to look right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you sure are having fun with those twines, each time it's getting even better.... love the fringes and the pom pom action here.....
    TFS Jessica - great job~

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a creative and fabulous way to use twine!! The pom pom is so cute!! And the fringe on the mittens is awesome!! I love this card!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pom pom is perfect! You did an awesome job on your card, love the fun sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG...this card is so pretty! I LOVE what you did with the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is darling Jessica! Love how you used the fringy twine at the top of the mittens. Love Paper Smooches too!

    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute Jessica!! I just got my order of Trendy Twine Sat, I can't wait to use it!! Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW this is adorable!! Love the cute pom pom!! I love this card!!
    Gerda.
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just the super cutest Jessica! This twine color is to die for!! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  22. So darn cute, Jessica! Love the fringes and it's doubly nice with the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ute I would definately wear those gloves I love the fringe. What pretty colors great twine!! I love the look of the type on the sentiment.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. girl you created one CUTE card :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOWEE.......I LOVE this! Jessica, these are the cutest mittens. I just love what you did with the watermelon taffy twine:) So stinken adorable! Your projects constantly ROCK! Beautiful!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE your card, Jess. Those mittens look so soft and warm. Fringe and fringe ball are fab!! Great card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG!!!! Fabulous, fabulous job on the fringe and the pom pom!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jessica ~ OOMMGG!!! When I saw this on FB ~ thank goodness I was sitting down because I WOULD have fallen off my chair!! SERIOUSLY ADORABLE!!! Oh so CLEVER too! What a fun card!!! I LOVE it to pieces!!!! EEK!!!! Sorry but this is so flipping CUTE!!! Okay so I guess you can tell I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so cute! Love that TT pompom!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG!!Seriously,Absolutely Stinkin CUTE!!Love!Love!Love!I think the mittens fit me..LOL
    Sending bloggie love to you my friend,
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG those mittens look FANTASTIC Jessica!I LOVE LOVE the way you used the twine and made a pompom,SUPER job with your great card!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I adore this! You totally brought those mittens to life and the pom-poms are pomtastic! Great job.

    ReplyDelete