Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What's Kickin' Chicken?......{PKS Sketch Challenge 14-05}{Post #1}

Morning  everyone! Can you believe it is April already?
OMG I can not get over how FAST the months are flying by!!
Which brings us to another Peachy Keen Stamps Sketch challenge! 
Remember these challenges run for about 2 weeks so there is plenty of time to play along with us!!
Here is the new sketch...

And here is my take on it!
I just can not get enough of the chicken's from last months release! Kathy really knows how to WOW us all with her adorable stamps! So again I used the Faceless Chickens and the Chickie Faces for this cutie. I added my own touches but running my mats through my sewing machine. I always think it adds more to my card. I also used the new Chicken Wire background stamp and stamped it on top of my designer paper using matching ink from Tim Holtz.
Turned out pretty cute if I say so myself :)
Supplies Used:
Paper~ Kraft, White, MME~Sunshine
Stamps~ Peachy Keen Stamps 
Dies~ My Creative Time
Embellishments~ copic markers, white gel pen, pop dots, sewing machine

I hope you have enjoyed my card and take on the sketch. I would LOVE to see you play along with the new challenge!!
You can find out all the details by heading over to the Peachy Keen Blog as well as see the inspiration from the other DT members!
Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT day!

19 comments:

  1. Love this, the chicken wire background looks awesome. Love the cute chick too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! too cute that I had to get these stamps:) Have a wonderful week my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the sketch and this card is just so sweet and funny... love the papers and your gorgeous stitching Jessica! Have a fab day!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable chicken and perfect patterns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is FABULOUS! I love the papers you chose! The chicken wire, plaid and polka dot are awesome together and then to top it off with stitching~fantastic look! I love your sweet chickie! It really couldn't be cuter! What a perfect sentiment for your card:)
    GREAT job my friend!
    Have a super day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, how super-duper adorable is this?? It's so you, Jessica!! That chicken could not be cuter!! I love the papers and your amazing stitching!! And ha, the sentiment is so fun!! Love, love this!! It puts a big smile on my face :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so meant for you!!!! Your papers are perfect! I totally adore this Jessica! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh this card is soooo cute, Jess! Just love it and how you used the chicken wire stamp. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great papers to showcase that darling little chick! This is one of those cards that just makes me smile =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica ~ I am soo with you on how its April already! WOW! Well I ADORE this card! Just the design, the "real" stitching and of course that darn chick~ EEK! I would like to say this card stinks since its April Fools Day but we all know what a joke that would be and not a funny one! LOL!!! Or better yet ~ there is a blizzard coming your way! JUST KIDDING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, it's April…already! This year is flying by faster than ever for me…my 5-0 is in August and it will be here before I know it…I might then be asking, what's kickin' chicken! Darling card, that little chicken is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This chick is TOO darn cute!! ADORABLE!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is Adorable my friend. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this!! Great idea to stamp the wire onto the patterned paper!! Super cute chicken as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute! The chicken lady makes a chicken card ha ha :) I love it and the sentiment is too cute!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete