Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It's The Plane Truth.....{Seize The Sketch #17} {Post #2}

Good Morning Everyone!
~if you are looking for my Peachy Keen Stamps Sketch challenge card please click HERE~

It is time for another Seize The Sketch Challenge.
Here is the new challenge sketch.....
Hosted this week by the very talented Jen
And here is the card I made based on the sketch!
I really like the CAS design of this card...and even better that it went together in a matter of minutes. It took me the longest to add my machine stitching to the papers...LOL!
Anyways, for my card I used designer papers from My Mind's Eye~Come Away with Me paper pack~ a newbie I picked up at Michael's not to long ago.
For the stitched square piece, I used the die from My Creative Time~4x4 Journal Dies + More and stamped the flight heart and sentiment using the Plane & Simple and Fun Paper Airplane Die. I die cut 2 paper airplanes and stacked one on top of another to give the piece some more dimension. 
I finished my card off with a simple sewing machine stitched border and a stitched line through the pattern paper, just to add some more to the center of my card.

So what do you think???
I hope you like my card and will play along with the new challenge!
Make sure to head on over to the Seize The Sketch blog to see what the other DT members created with this sketch and for all the details on how you can play along.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT day!!

28 comments:

  1. Jessica, this is awesome! Perfect paper choices with your fun stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stripes are perfect with the plane~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome CAS card! Although, you are the "queen" of that! I LOVE how you can whip out these fabulous cards in no time!
    Thanks for the inspiration! Super cute card my friend!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun card, love the plane and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this! Your color combo rocks and perfect for the adorable plane die and sentiment! Your minimal approach along with your real stitching element balances the card beautifully! It's CAS but it packs a "wow factor" punch--indeed, the work of a pro!! Awesome job my super sweet pal!! Hope life over there on the East coast is going well! Great BIG HUGS and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I've said this before, but I so wish I could do CAS like you!! This is absolutely fabulous!! I love the colors and papers!! The paper airplane is adorable!! The sentiment couldn't be more perfect!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it's the plane truth...this card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it Jess super nice guy card. the colors Are perfect with the little airplane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful CAS card, love the sentiment and the papers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, this card is just too cute! Love that fun little airplane die and the papers you used are just perfect- such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alright Jessica ~ I LOVE this card too! I too love the design, the fact it took minutes to make! Oh yeah the real stitching! now that would take me DAYS to do that ~ no joke either! I haven't said this in awhile but add this to all the other cards you have made lately to my stack ~ NO JOKE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a busy lady today on your blog Jessica! Have I told you before how much I adore your creations? Yeah, yeah…I know I have, but…I really do. This is just the cutest little plane EVER. Great card sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card, it's CAS and just gorgeous! Love that it has a masculine feel too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. FABULOUS my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool card Jessica! I love the paper airplane and that stripey paper has got "air mail" written all over it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow great stitching and fabulous card..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the inspiration, I have to put my stamp into works, got it how long ago and still sitting here.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. SUPER DUPER job with the sketch, it looks AWESOME my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Fabulous CAS design. All of the stitching and perforated elements work beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eeeek! This is the sweetest guy card! Love the colours & those fabulous stitched dies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the simplicity of this card!!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card..the 'airmail' colours in the paper are a nice touch. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card. The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete