Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's Your Day Enjoy w/TAWS


Good Morning everyone!!
It is my DT day over at The Alley Way Stamps and I have another card using one of the new release stamp sets for this month.
If you have not checked out February's new release you can do so HERE!
They are super adorable!!!
So for my card today I wanted to play along with the sketch for this week over at
Seize The Birthday as well as the color combo challenge for Dynamic Duos
 
And here is the card I came up with. I hope you like it!
The challenge over at Seize the Birthday was to follow the sketch but to also make a masculine birthday card. I knew right away that this adorable robot from the Lighter Than Air stamp set would make a GREAT boy birthday card. What we tend to forget is that the outside of the card does not have to have the traditional "Happy Birthday" sentiment. I know I always write inside the card "Happy Birthday"....So with that said I thought that the sentiment I chose for the outside fit the card perfectly! What do you think??
It is from this month's release stamp set~ All About You
The Challenge for Dynamic Duos was another beautiful color combo~ Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black. I ended up coloring my robot image with those color combos and my paper from October Afternoon happened to be a very similar match as well. The "dessert" option for this weeks challenge was "clouds" and my card does not have actual clouds on the card itself but the "scene" I created was taken in the clouds...LOL!

Supplies Used:
Paper~White, Black
October Afternoon~Rocket Age
Stamps~ The Alley Way Stamps~ All About You, Lighter Than Air
 
Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic
Cuts/Dies~ Rocket~
Silhouette Store
Other~ Sewing Machine
SU Bling
Glossy Accents

You know there is always a lot going on over at TAWS
~our Be Inspired Challenge
~TAWS freebie's HERE
~TAWS FB page HERE where we love to see your creations!
and
~the store where you can purchase all these adorable stamps HERE

That is all I have for you today!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT day!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges:
Seize the Birthday~ Manly Birthday
DL Art~ Linky Party

32 comments:

  1. This card is FABULOUS! I especially love the words coming out of the rocket! Perfect! Thanks for linking up to Every Day is an occasion! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, LOVE this card!! The colors are perfect and such a perfect little boy card. The robot is soo cute. You are right about having happy birthday on the inside. That dawned on me a few weeks back!!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just makes me smile!! What an adorable card!! That robot is too cute!! And how clever to have the sentiment coming from the rocket!! As always, your stitching is amazing!! Love it!! Have a great day my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just way to cute. Love how you did the sentiments my friend and that robot is so Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Jessica!!! Love the rocket leaving a trail of Good wishes!hehe! Sooo creative..the background paper couldn't be more suited for the theme of this card.. Brilliant!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool, Jessica! You've incorporated wonderful texture in there with the stitcing and patterned paper and the sentiment placement is so fun! Your card is out of this world....lol! I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute, Jessica!! love the colors! such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute...love the robot!!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card and I love the way some of the sentiment goes beyond the card!! Great stitching too.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card for a boy! Glad to have you join us at Dynamic Duos this week, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blast! love this rocket and the stitching on it.... Cute robot and perfect for any boy to have.....
    TFS Jessica - enjoy your wonderful day~

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did it again you made a super cute little card! You and Ruthie are always making the cutest cards. You must craft all day and night!
    Hugs,
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH Jessica your card is so spuer cute. I love that you do boy cards that rocket is great.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is adorable, I love the sentiment too. I always say Happy Birthday in the inside too so it's perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is out of this world. I love it.. sure put a smile on my face. Love the sentiment placement and of course your stitching. Have a great day my friend.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is super cool! Can I still say that and not give my age away? :) I love that you made the sentiment come out of the bottom of your rocket. That paper is a perfect choice too. Nicely done. ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card - love the backing paper and all the elements - that robot is fab! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. A Rocking card!!Super Cute & Cool!!You are AMAZING my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. I love how you did the sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is super duper cute, Jessica! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Too cool! Jessica this is such an awesome card! Love the rocket ship and your robot is colored beautifully ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing card! I love your colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant!!!! Love the sentiment as the rocket flames!!!!

    Fabulous card jessica!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW Jessica,your card is just sooo SUPER COOL!AWESOME job,Have a GREAT day my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fabulous masculine card, it is soooo adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So adorable, love that robot image!! Thanks for joining us this week on the Dynamic Duos challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jessica ~ ADORABLE!!! I LOVE the colors, the design, the paper, the coloring and oh my the stitching!! Jessica ~ PLEASE add this to my stack of cards I shall steal!! hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  29. FUN!! girl this is perfect for all the challenges :)
    so glad you joined us on STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just love this card! It is out of this world!!!

    ReplyDelete