Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Picture Tutorial on Making Tag Hearts~ Creative Inspirations Paint


Good Morning !!
On Sunday, Creative Inspirations Paint kicked of the next Inspired by Challenge.
This weeks challenge is 
Inspired By: Tags
and
the challenge is to make any project with a tag
so
I posted this tag
I received quite a few comments regarding how I made the hearts and I thought I would walk you through 
with a picture tutorial.

So here we go...
I started out with these fun chipboard pieces that I picked up at Michael's from the $1 bin
Colleen, another CIP DT member also made a project using these chipboard pieces which can be seen 


Next I choose the color of Creative Inspirations Paint I was going to work with.
Antique Silver, Blush, Evergreen and Tanzanite in this tutorial

Such a cool color combo I think...remember any colors will work :)

Using my paint brush I dabbed the color on.....so not paint them on.
You want the look of tie dyed, or splattered rather than a smooth coat
Don't be afraid to mix it up!
If there is not enough of one color, add more paint.
The more you play the different the end result will be

This is where my original project turned...
I was being very impatient waiting for the paint to dry so I took out my heat gun
and heated the hearts to quick dry them...
instead of just drying them...

the heat gun made the paint bubble giving the hearts even more texture and a splattered look.
Not the idea I was shooting for originally but so happy with how they ended up turning out.
Not only can you see the texture from the original unpainted embossed hearts, but the paint created a texture as well from being heated.

Now these hearts are ready for another project!!

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial
and I would love to see you give this a try!!
Also would love to see you create a project for our challenge!!
All the details can be found 
Thanks again for stopping by and have a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following Challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday~ Anything But a Card


20 comments:

  1. oohhh...thanks for the very fun tut!!!! Have a super day girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag, I love it. Those flowers are awesome, I am going to have to give that technique a try. I love the look of the hearts!! Thanks for a great tutorial!!

    Laurie
    serenityscrappers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the technique Jen... Thanks for sharing.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the technique:) Looks amazing and love the texture it addds. Have a wonderful day my friend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool stuff, Jessica! Love when mistakes turn out that way! :). TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a gorgeous look Jessica. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tag!!
    The hearts are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely little tag! LOVE your tutorial too! thanks for playing along with us at TTT with our anything but a card challenge, good luck and hope to see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is so cute and cool. I'll have to use this tip. TFS AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool Jessica! Those happy accidents are always so much fun!!

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tag. The hearts are awesome thanks for sharing the tutorial.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tag! Don't you just love it when you discover something new by accident! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial, Jessica!! I loved the look of the heart as soon as I saw it!! I now have to get some Creative Inspirations paint and try this...love, love, love it!! I hope you are having a great week :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my sweet friend! I love how the these turned out even though it was an accident. I like to say there are no oopsies in crafting only opportunities to embellish. You sure put those paints to good use.
    I am off to see more & catch up.
    Crafty best,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Jessica, Love the hearts!! I am having such a hard time with my blog, since they changed the format, UGG But, I wanted to tell you that I bought a Cameo!! I got it at Oh My Crafts, it was reg #299.00,but it was then marked down to $269.00, which is at the price of everyone else, but then I got 25% off, and it came with a $10 coupon to buy from the Cameo store, and then free shipping, So it came to $202., then $10 for the store, so it was $192.00 when it was all said and done!! My hubby says thanks for talking about how wonderful it was, cause what I need is another machine, or scrapping supply!! lol karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cool...love the look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great tutorial Jessica - thanks for sharing. Love the effect achieved on the hearts, perfect!

    Thanks for joining in with us over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am definitely going to need some of these paints.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous tag and what a wonderful tutorial - thanks for sharing.

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday! Hope to see you again!

    Remember, you can enter 3 creations and 3 tips - 6 chances for prizes!!

    Hugs

    Leanne

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great tag and those hearts turned out fantastic!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday and for sharing your tip too! Hope to see you again!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete