Sunday, April 22, 2012

Creative Inspirations Paint~Inspired By Tags Challenge

Good Morning Everyone!!
It is Sunday and time for another challenge over at
This weeks challenge is...
Inspired by: Tags
we want to see any project that is a tag and/or has a tag
Here is what I created

For my tag I found these chipboard hearts in the $1 bin at Michaels
and started experimenting with my paints.
I used Sea Foam. Tutu Pink and Light Purple and kinda splattered the paints on the chipboard.
Being the impatient person I am...I didn't want to wait for the paint to fully dry so I used my heat gun to speed up the process.
While doing that, it caused the paint to bubble and give it the coolest texture!!
I was so loving the way it came out that I wanted the hearts to be the focal point on my tag and make it very CAS.
I also used the Sea Foam paint to color my satin ribbon which made matching a ribbon so easy!!
My fellow DT'er Sandie did a post here using this technique on the ribbon and I knew I wanted to give that a try!! It adds so much shimmer to the ribbon!!
My sentiment is from Paper Smooches~ Simple Sentiment set
and 
I used Twinery Twine in Lilac, Blossom and Caribbean

What do you think?
I hope you will join in this week for our new challenge!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT day!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Entering this into the following Challenges:
Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog~ #104 Pastel Colors
Pile it On~ Sparkle and Shine
Stampin' for the Weekend~ Sparkle and Shine
Craft Your Passion~ Die Cuts and Punches
Simon Says Stamp and Show~ Anything Goes
Jaihart~ Sunday's are Lovely
Little Scrap Pieces~ Pink and or Purple
The Kraft Journal~ Use your Stash

28 comments:

  1. I left a message on CIP Blog, should have probably left it here. Now I know how you created 'that look' ... love it so much. Amazing what you can do when playing around with paints... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,GREAT little tag my friend!I LOVE your pretty hearts,Have a nice day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! The hearts look awesome.
    I love making tags. I will have to jump over and check out the challenge. TFS
    (:(:SMiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty little tag Jessica.. love the colours too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Jessica!! I was looking at the hearts, wondering how you got the amazing texture!! What a great discovery!! And the painted ribbon is so pretty!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nabbed a ton of those little chippie pieces. Looks like a great way to dress them up. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal with your adorable tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh what a great looking tag! Those hearts are awesome!
    Great tag my friend!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool is that? Looks awesome.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tag! It really stands out, perfect example of "less is more"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful tag! It really stands out, perfect example of "less is more"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, your impatience really paid off! You are too cute :) And these hearts are totally awesome Jessica! I love playing with chipboard and paints and I haven't in a while---now I will! You inspiring chica! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome tag! Love the pretty hearts and cute twine:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super. Hugs is one of my favorite says. Great tag. Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super de duper cute! tThose hearts are gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to Jaihart! I love seeing your projects link up! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh so pretty!!
    ok you can paint ribbon???! cool :)
    and i LOVE the way your hearts came out, will have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your painted hearts tag - the simple design really highlights the technique you were using! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty tag, beautiful hearts. Thanks for joining us at Robyns Fetish Pastels Challenge, good luck, cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jessica, your tag is gorgeous. I love the hearts and the way the paint bubbled. I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jessica ~ CUTE little tag! LOVE you used chipboard too! LOVE the "hugs" sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jessica thank you so much for joining my challenge this week with your beautiful tag. Love what you did with the hearts wow sounds like a ton of work but well worth it. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty tag. I love the hearts. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish. Edwina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute tag. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish last week.

    ReplyDelete