Sunday, April 29, 2012

Creative Inspirations Paint~ Inspired By: Flowers Challenge

Good Morning Everyone!!
It is Sunday and time for another challenge over at
This weeks challenge is...
Inspired by:Flowers!
We want to see all your projects using flowers
and here is what I made

I have been going back and forth with doing CAS cards 
and I always say this but
I LOVE creating CAS cards :)


Here is a close-up of this beautiful flower from
My Creative Time's newest release
~Bloom Where You are Planted~
I tried something new with this card and
have to say I really like the results
~Deliquesce Clear Embossing Powder~
 for the flower
then I colored it in using my copics
Next
 I took my CIP in 
~Garnet and Evergreen~ 
and painted the flower for a shimmery look
The paint and the copics for the most part resisted the embossing so you see a kinda clear shadow around the rose.
I did use my colorless blender to pull some of the color from the embossed part but wanted to leave a little...
I think it gives the image a watercolor look as well

Supplies Used:
Cardstock~ PTI 
True Black, Pure Poppy and Select White
Paints~ Creative Inspirations Paint
Garnet and Evergreen CIP
Deliquesce Clear Embossing Powder
Sentiment~ My Creative Time
~Bloom Where you are Planted~
~Floral Sentiments~
Color Medium ~ Copics
R24,39
YG63,67 

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope to see you joining in over at

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following Challenges:
Pixie Dust Studio Challenge~ Embossing
Aud Sentiments Challenge~ Anything Goes
CAS-Ual Fridays~ CAS with Flower



16 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica very pretty cas design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and simple.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity but the meaning is wonderful.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS Jessica!!! Love the technique you used with the paint! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Beautiful. You make the best CAS cards. I always love them. Love the new technique you used too.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW Jessica,your card is BEAUTIFUL!great job with your new stamps my friend!Have a nice evening!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jessica, this is so beautiful!! I seriously need to take CAS lessons from you!! I love how you used the different techniques to color the rose...just gorgeous!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica ~ this is so ELEGANT! I would LOVE to see you do videos! This would be an AWESOME one to sart with! No pressure! LOL! So CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I wouldn' even begin to know all the techniques you used to make that flower look so very gorgeous. GREAT JOB!

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful project! I'm so glad you joined the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card! Very simple, very clean -- very nice!

    ReplyDelete