Thursday, July 2, 2015

MCT Designer's Challenge....HB2U!

Good Morning everyone and welcome to another
MCT Designer's Challenge!

Here are the details for this NEW challenge:
~ Please use either the "photo inspiration" or the "Sketch" OR you are more than welcome to use BOTH to create a project of YOUR CHOICE! ;)
~ You must use at least ONE MCT item.
~ Deadline for the challenge will be on August 6th, 2015 at midnight PST!
~ Link your projects up to the Mr. Linky on the MCT Blog HERE
~ Last, but certainly not least, leave a comment & have a CRAFTY GOOD time! :) 


For my inspiration, I used both the sketch and photo to make a birthday card for my nephew.
I just love making shaker cards and since this is for my now 5 year old nephew, I thought he would get a kick out of this :)
I used my favorite card mat die~ the large Stitched Rectangular Frame Die and added some extra detail by stamping the Grainy Wood Background onto it.  Next for the shaker window, I used the frame from the 4X4 Journal Die set and altered it alittle by trimming the bottom off. Next I stamped my sentiment onto the cardstock that would be placed inside the shaker, added my sequins and sealed up the whole embellishment.
Finally I die cut some balloons using pattern paper and the Stitched Party Dies and popped them onto the front of my frame using some foam pop dots. Some hemp twine for the strings finishes up my card.

MCT Products Used:
Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies & More
4X4 Journal Die & More
Stitched Party Dies
Fun Gift Pocket Sentiments
Grainy Wood Background

Additional Products Used:
Echo Park~That's My Boy Designer Paper
Hemp Twine
Sequins

So what do you think????? Want to see more projects?
Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the DT made!
I know the inspiration is AWESOME!!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT day!!

16 comments:

  1. What a Wonderful Shaker Jessica! I LOVE the sketch! I may have to play along! Have a Crafty Day! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Your shaker card is really awesome...love the colors you so nailed the challenge.....Love the wood background and the papers you used love the polka dot balloon your nephew is going to love it!!
    YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that little shaker and the balloons are too fun.. awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous shaker card Jessica!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this! Shakers are so fun and I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the cutest shaker, Jessica!! I love the balloons!! It's so fun!! Perfect take on the sketch!! Your nephew will adore this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute idea to make a shaker card and your nephew is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The combination of rustic wood grained paper and the bling of the sequins is really cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super FUN shaker card my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun shaker card, the bouquet of balloons is adorable! I know your little nephew will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your nephew is going to love his cute shaker birthday card! I like the altered frame and twine on the balloons. With the grainy wood background it is also a masculine type! Great job! Love it.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute Jessica I love the HB2 U and the shaker part is fab Have a blessed day and a safe 4th.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect birthday with balloons! Happy 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful shaker card and love those balloons! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated 4th! I hope you and your family had a wonderful weekend! Your card is adorable! I love the fun sequins~the framed in sentiment is perfect with the adorable cluster of balloons!
    Super cute design my friend!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete