Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day......{MCT Too Die For Tuesday}

Good morning everyone!
I am sharing a card today for My Creative Time's 
"Too Die For Tuesday"
This is where we share ideas on how to stretch your dies.
Since Mother's Day is right around the corner, I got a jump start on making my MIL her card. 
She loves to color purple and here is the card I made for her....
I used lots of MCT dies for this card, and created an ombre effect using the More Stitched Edges Dies.  
I started by die cutting each of the purple cardstock colors with the Stitched Rectangular Frame Die~(size medium) Then using the wave die, I cut the each of the colors to the size I wanted, making sure each piece fit into the piece next to it....like a puzzle. I was able to have the stitching on both the tops and bottoms of each panel as well as the wave stitching thought each section. The sections were then taped on the backside and a piece of foam was added to pop the whole panel up onto the white cardstock mat.
Before popping it up and adding the foam to the backside, I used the newly released set~ Thank You Mom and die cute the flower right into the panel. Since it was now the negative section, I could add the green cardstock to the backside for the stem and I popped up the purple flower onto the front. Some fun dimension as well as a pop of color.
To complete my card, I die cut the largest of the Small Treat Labels in white cardstock and stamped my sentiment using again the new release set~ Thank You Mom

What do you think of my card? I hope I gave you another idea on how to use those awesome MCT dies!!!

 Want to see more projects?
Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the DT made!
I know the inspiration is AWESOME!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT day!!

10 comments:

  1. Love this design.. really pretty card! Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!! love the colors and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, Jessica! I love how you used your dies!!! Your mom will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great creative card. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous design! love love love it! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you made the matching waves with the edge die...loving the purples too! I also like how you used the dies to make the tulip! Beautiful job. Your MIL will love her card.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stitched waves are very cool. I am sure your mother is going to love this card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Jessica and the purple shades are beautiful! Super cute Mother's Day card my friend!
    Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete