Friday, July 29, 2011

Harry Potter Journal w/Bugaboo

Hi Bloggers!

Hoping everyone is enjoying that today is FRIDAY!
I am having a hard time believing it is almost August....where has our summer gone?
My kiddos get their teacher letters tomorrow and my phone will ring from morning till night with "who did you get".

Well one of my youngest son's friends is a HUGE Harry Potter fan. When I say HUGE is mean he talks about Harry Potter from morning till night and knows everything there is to know about Harry!
He is 8 and has just finished the 5th book...he is so proud and can not wait to get started on number 6.

I was telling him about the journal I made for my other son and he said he would really like a journal also :)
I made it for him and he will get it probably Monday or Tuesday.
I used a digi's from Bugaboo Stamps that I purchased awhile ago and had never printed and colored.
Harry was colored with my copics then cut and pasted to the front cover.
The paper is from Creative Imaginations~ Harry Potter line and I have yet to see it again :(
I took a notebook I found one clearance, painted the covers and distressed it alittle to give the look of a worn book.


This is the inside back cover with Hermione.
I did add some stickers that came with the kit..like Harry Potter on the front cover and these on this page.
I wanted to keep the book simple because it is a gift for an 8 year old.

I just LOVE how the digi's turned out and I'm loving my copics more and more every time I color with them. I do have to invest in a few more colors and they are on the LIST :)
The one that grows every time I see something new come out!

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a GREAT night and see you all tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute What a great idea for a Harry Potter Fan.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianmlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute! Im sure he will LOVE this journal.


    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Jessica is this ever awesome. He is going to LOVE this journal especially if he is this huge of a fan..totally will love it! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Harry Potter! this is just terrific

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! E will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is darling! Super cute! I gotta get some of those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your journal and those images are adorable. I am totally loving these images you get from Buagboo. So much fun. This little boy sounds like my oldest daughter. She is 15 and still Harry Potter. As a matter a fact we were working on a scrapbook she is giving her boyfriend who leaves for college in a few weeks and just had to have the Harry movies on while we were working on it. I am sure the little guy just love this. I have to start building my copic collection again..I too just saw some new ones that came out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH this is WAY to COOL Jessica!AWESOME job with it,JUST AMAZING!I LOVE everything about this project!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jessica, I know I've already been by once today but I wanted to drop by again and say thank you for stopping by, saying hi and leaving me this link. I knew exactly what project you were talking about in your comment before I even looked (and I see that this is one of those posts that I forgot to wait on word verification to pop up so my original comment on this didn't post. I realized not long ago that I was doing that and so now I TRY to remember to wait and make sure my comments post.)
    You my dear, go in the category of special ladies I consider blog buddies and I thank you, both for your friendship, and for all your inspiration and your help along the way this first year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!



    Harry Potter Phone Case

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not that much interested to read books. I always prefer to watch movies.

    Sameera.
    Mobile cases and covers Designer.

    ReplyDelete