Monday, December 2, 2013

Noel.....{TKJ Sketch Challenge #149}{Post 3}

Good Morning and Happy Monday everyone!!!

It is a BUSY morning here on my blog so if you are looking for
 ~ my EAD Designs project click HERE~
~my Trendy Twine project click HERE

It is time for a new challenge over at
 The Kraft Journal!

This week the challenge is this sketch:
 I came up with this card. I hope you like my inspiration!
For my card I started out with a Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock card base and added a layer of Buff Ivory Cover Weight Cardstock as well as a layer of My Mind's Eye Christmas pattern paper.  Then I took some Brown Hemp from the Earthy Hemp Cord pack and wrapped it around my card mat 3 times, adhering it to the back of the mat using some tape.  
For the focal point of my card, I cut 2 ovals using my cameo, one in the Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock and the other in the Buff Ivory Cover Weight Cardstock. I stamped my sentiment, using My Creative Time's~ From Our Family to Yours stamp set and adding the decorative piece using a stamp from the Build a Postcard set. I added white gel pen to the "snow" on the "Noel" sentiment and then added some Diamond Stickles for some shimmer and sparkly. I also added some Red Stickles to the center of the ornament and the decorative piece....all to match the glittery pattern paper.
To further embellish my card, I took a Tiny Wooden Clothespin, added some more Red Stickles to it and when it was dry, hot glued a Cream Twill Tape bow to the center.
I attached the Tiny Wooden Clothespin to the sentiment piece, added foam pop dots to the back of the sentiment and centered it onto my card.

So there you have it....
my inspiration for this week's challenge.
I hope you have enjoyed my card and will play along with us!
As always I have linked all the supplies I used from The Kraft Outlet throughout my description.  If you have not checked out the store yet....make sure you do! There is so much available, the prices are so reasonable and shipping is super fast!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT Monday!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following Challenges:
Paper Issues~ Christmas

17 comments:

  1. oh my how totally cute and i love that Noel..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowy effects on the Noel.... Pretty CAS card, perfect take on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love the snow on the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! great take on the sketch. I love how you used the stickles on top of the lettering to give it the snowy effect.Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Jessica!!! Love the colors and that glittery red clothes pin. Just precious. Have a super Monday sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the sparkly snow on the noel!! The glittery clothes pin is an awesome touch!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - another fabulous card! Love the paper and the added peg! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous & Fun!!! Love it!!!Love the glittery details!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that sentiment with the snow and that designer paper is so cute!! Great job on the sketch my friend and I hope you recovered from the Thanksgiving feast:) :)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. The glitter looks awesome, love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica ~ BEAUTIUFL card! I LOVE that ivory card stock with that stamp and the papers!! GORGEOUS!! Wow Jessica you just have the eye!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your take on the sketch! That sentiment is totally fabulous and the prefect image for the center! Pretty paper too!

    ReplyDelete