Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bugaboo Tutorial~ Heat Embossing w/Colored Ink and Clear Embossing Powder

Good Morning Bloggers!!
Today is my day to share a tutorial for
Bugaboo Stamps and I thought I would share something that I just recently
learned how to do myself...
 this is not my idea....
just something I learned from another crafter that I thought I would share because it is something I have began using more and more myself!!

Heat emboss using an ink pad and clear embossing power!

Here is the card I made using this technique.
The backgound polka dots are heat embossed as well as the sentiment :) 

So this is how you do it..
You need a few basic items...
versamark embossing ink, a colored ink pad~ I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs,
cardstock and your stamp, mine is My Creative Time~from the Build a Banner kit


You also need a heat tool and of course Embossing Powder~
I use my favorite from
Creative Inspirations Paint~ Deliquesce Clear

So you begin by inking up your stamp with the versamark

Then right over the Versamark, ink up with the colored ink pad

Using the doubled up ink,
Stamp it on your paper
It should look just like it does when you emboss
and/or stamp

Next you want to cover your stamped image with the clear embossing power,
once covered shake off all the extra and put back into your container

Final step is to use your heat tool and heat up the embossed image...
TaDa...that is all there is to do!!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock~ Kraft
PTI Select White and Dark Chocolate
Image~ Bugaboo Stamps
Sentiment~ My Creative Time
All Around Everything
All Around Everything Accessories
Coloring Medium ~ Copics 
Inks~ Versamark Embossing Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs
Extra's~ Creative Inspirations Paint
Deliquesce Clear Embossing Powder
Heat Tool


I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and will give it a try!
This is a great way to heat emboss without having to purchase all the different color
embossing powders and it gives a perfect match to all your projects!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT day!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this over at:
The Kraft Journal~ Cards for Her
Simon Says Stamps~ Something Sweet
Jaihart~ Sunday's are Lovely #9




17 comments:

  1. Very cute. Never thought to use it on background. Great idea.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Never would have thought of that thanks for the tip. BTW Love your card and the way you colored that image.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool. Great tutorial. I'm going to have to get some Versamark....I don't like the kind I have.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips on the tutorial -
    TFS.... love the card too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable Jessica! Such a cute image. :-) You did a great job passing along the stamping tip. Using Versamark with Distress inks makes stamping with them so much easier. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, so awesome!! That is the cutest image!! I love the heat-embossed background!! What a fun card :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card- I love how you made your own fancy paper with the stamp/embossing powder- great idea!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is cool! Thanks for the picture tutorial, I might have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial. I will have to try this sometime. TFS.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card! I love, love heat embossing, it just steps it up the next lever. Great job!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is just TOO CUTE!BEAUTIFUL job with all the great details my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific tutorial and I just love your card!
    Fabulous work Jessica!
    So glad to have you at Bugaboo!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT tutorial! I LOVE using this technique too! I LOVE this card as well! Okay when don't I LOVE your creations! What a CUTE image too! Miss Jessica ~ I am just in AWE of how much you create! Seriously! You are simply AMAZING! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like the heat embossed background. Have done not embossing but this way. Thanks for sharing the steps.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete