Wednesday, December 10, 2014

What a Treat Wednesday...{My Creative Time}

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!!!

 It is 
What a Treat Wednesday  with MCT
where the DT makes any container, treat and/or packaging with My Creative Time stamps and dies!
So super fun considering I just LOVE to make holiday treats :)

I have a CUTE Christmas treat to share today. This is so super easy to make and would be a fun classroom party idea or even a great holiday gift to give to the kiddo's and their friends.

Check out my reindeer candy canes...... Aren't they the CUTEST?!?!?! 
Lets take a closer look at how I made these..... You need a few items that I am sure most crafters have in their stash
~Hemp twine (brown)
~google eyes and a red small pom pom
Plus of course you need some Candy Canes 
You start by wrapping the hemp twine around both candy canes so the hooks are facing outward. Wrap it tight but not so you crack the candy canes (I did that and then had to eat it..LOL)
Next using your hot glue gun, add the google eyes and red pom pom for the nose.
Using the sentiment from My Creative Time's Oh Deer stamp set~ I stamped it onto the die banner from Just Simply Live. I did stamp it closer to the edge so I could hole punch a tiny hole to add my Trendy Twine to attach it to the candy cane.
A simple bow to hold the tag in place and these treats are ready to bring a smile to someones face :)

My Creative Time Products Used:

Other Products Used:
Trendy Twine~Totally Red
burlap twine
candy canes
google eyes, red pom poms

Well that it all I have to share :) I hope you will give these treats a try! They sure would make a CUTE ornament too!!!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT Wednesday!

Don't forget to  make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.

13 comments:

  1. OMG~~~~OMG What a super cute idea....OMG I've never seen this done before....WOWZERS just the cutest idea ever!!! Girl you are so going to make someone sooooo very happy golly gosh....what a Fab & Fun Treat idea....YOU totally ROCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so darn cute! I LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I love the sentiment. The boys I nanny would love to make these, Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative and adorable! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, these are so creative!! They make me smile!! I absolutely love them, Jessica!! What a fabulous project this is!! You are awesome!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your deer are adorable! Such a fun/fast creative idea! Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These reindeer are so cute! Great idea! Not only will the kids love them, but I think the adults would too! ( I use the peppermint sticks in my cocoa in winter when I had to be out in the snow!) LOL So wow I would appreciate it as well as my grandkids, we could have cocoa together as soon as we could part with looking at them and how cute they are! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so fun!!! Hope you didn't have to eat too many broken canes LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cute & Super fun my friend!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the cutest reindeer treats!! Such a great idea!! You really are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my golly, those are just too darn cute!!! You are the most clever girl my dear Jessica!!! I'm definitely going to give these peppermint cuties a go and thanks so much for the super fun inspiration!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE these adorable little guys! What a fun, clever little gift - love the goggle eyes and sweet sentiment!

    ReplyDelete