Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Bulldogs Football LO.......{Inspiration Wednesday w/MCT}

Good Morning and Happy Hump day everyone!

 It is time for another 
Wednesday Inspiration with My Creative Time 
where the DT makes a project of our choice based on an inspiration subject.

My inspiration for today's project is my son Casey :)
He is currently in the 8th grade and playing football for both the town we live in as well as Modified for the school. Let's back it up a bit and I will tell you his story.
This is his 3rd year playing football. He spends a lot of time in the yard playing ball with his brother, friends and my husband. When he said he wanted to play football for a team we thought that would be awesome! It is pretty popular among his friends and in our town so we signed him up. The first year he played..he didn't see a whole lot of the field. Just they way it was with the coach and seeing that he was a newbie he was played his "required" by the organization, which was at least 5 plays and then when we played "b" games. BUT that didn't discourage him. He was a lineman and wanted to try other positions as well. SO he went up to the coach and asked if he could try playing center and snapping the ball. The coach let him try it...he turned out to be pretty good and then became the second string center. He was excited.
Last year that was his starting position. He worked his tail off during the summer...practicing his snaps with my husband and come game time it sure showed. He was again super excited with his season. The quarterback's dad asked Casey last year to make sure he played Modified this year because they did not have a center :) Well he was already planning on it and would have played last year but it was kinda known that 7th graders don't play that much so he waited until this year.
Now fast forward to this year....he is the starting center for the Bulldogs which is our town's team as well as the starting center for Modified!
So this LO is for him, to show him how proud I am of him and all his hard work. Also to show that with determination and motivation you really can be the best you can be!
Now for the details on my project :) Their football colors are Black and Maroon so I went with those, using a maroon cardstock base and a fun football designer paper mat. I did add a decorative stitching frame around the outside for a little extra detail.
I printed out 2 pictures of Casey from his last game, die cut them out using the new (sneak-peek) Rectangle die. I matted it on white cardstock and again on black (also die cut using the rectangle die)

For the "Bulldogs" I die cut 2 sets of letters using the Uppercase Fun Dies. Once in maroon and again in white so I could shadow them. I embellished this section with some enamel dots as well.

To finish my LO off, I added the year using the Number Fun Dies, again cutting them 2 times so I could shadow them. I stamped the sentiment onto the frame from the new Love to Learn set and used the outside of the frame to make a rectangle piece. I love the stitching that Emma adds to her dies and wanted to use both the inside and outside of the cuts.
Finally I stamped my sentiment using the perfect wording for my LO from the Sports Sentiments set. A few more enamel dots and this was completed.

My Creative Time Products Used:
Rectangle Frame Dies (sneak peek)

Other Products Used:
Football designer paper
Maroon, Black and White cardstock
Enamel Dots
sewing machine

So what do you think????? Want to see more projects?
Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the DT made!
I know the inspiration is AWESOME!!!!

Well I hope you have enjoyed my inspiration. Thanks so very much for stopping by and I will catch you all in a few hours with my PKS Trendspotting project :)
Have a GREAT hump day!!!

Don't forget that the MCT DT starts sneaking the new release on Monday!!!
You are going to LOVE the new products!!!!!
We all hope you will join us for an AWESOME week of sneaks followed up with the BIG reveal and blog hop!!

9 comments:

  1. OH WOW What an outstanding LO gosh girl you really did one spectacular creative job using Miss Emma's goodies WOW and as a die hard scrapper I love seeing how others scrap and girl I love your LO thanks for all of your clever ideas. Congrats to your son and loved your story gosh you really are a good story teller and writer.....what a great way to start my day....you put the warm fuzzies in my heart!!
    YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout! Hope Casey has a wonderful football season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab LO...awesome stuff! Hope he has a blast this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous, layout, Jessica!! The stitching looks amazing!! I love how you matted the photos!! And good for your son sticking with it and working hard!! I hope he has a great season!! What a gorgeous layout to commemorate his dedication!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally Cute & SUPER fun!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Layout and love the design especially the stitching. He is so big already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica ~ Well way to go Casey!! That's what happens when you put you all into it! I can see why this was so inspirational for you Jessica! As a mom ~ I LOVE the story and oh my your layout is AMAZING! But isn't everything you do AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete