Saturday, November 9, 2013

Snow Day~Wooden Spool Ornaments.....{PKS November Challenge #2}

Hi Everyone!
I am back with my 2nd project completed for the 
and again I just LOVE the way these turned out!!!!

Here is the challenge hosted by Amy
Up-cycle something in your home (canister, cereal box, paper roll, etc.) into a Holiday decoration for your home.

and here is what I made....
I up~cycled some wooden spools that I had in my drawer and made these adorable snowman ornaments....
Ok so are these not super adorable?????
These were very easy to make also. 
Here is what I did....I had some old wooden spools in a drawer that holds items I want to up~cycle and while searching though that I remembered why I was hoarding them...to make these :)
I picked out some designer paper that was somewhat plain so I could stamp my PK faces on them. After measuring the spool and cutting my paper down to size of course.
After stamping and coloring in the face using my copics, I attached them to the spools with some double sided tape and my hot glue.
Using a circle punch for the top and bottom on the spool, I punched more of the designer paper, cut the holes so I could thread my ribbon through and glued them down. Using a file, I sanded the edges and lightly inked them as well.
For the embellishing, I wrapped 3 layers of Trendy Twine Peppermint Stick twine around the bottom of the spool and tied it up so it looks like a scarf :)
Next I took some 3GJ Antique White crinkle ribbon, threaded a jingle bell though the center and then ran in up through the bottom of the spool, tying the ribbon at the top so you can hang it.
Finally using MCT Teeny Tag die and a sentiment from the new November SOTM from PKS, I added my cute saying and then attached it to ribbon with another bow of Trendy Twine.
Supplies Used:
Paper~Echo Park~Winter Park
Stamps~ Peachy Keen Stamps~ July SOTM
Peachy Keen Stamps~ November SOTM
Peachy Keen Stamps~Large Snowflakes & 1/2" Snow Faces
Dies/Cuts~My Creative Time~Tiny Tag Die
Embellishments~
wooden spools
Trendy Twine~Peppermint Stick
3GJ Crinkle Ribbon~Antique White
Jingle bells

So there you have it. 
What do you think?? Super cute right????
Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a GREAT weekend!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges:
Peachy Keen Stamps~ Nov New Release Challenge #2

Just B Creative Crazy~ November Linky
Word Art Wednesday~ Anything Goes
Ribbon Carousel Blog~Holiday's and Celebrations

21 comments:

  1. These are so super cute! They would make a great addition to a Christmas tree! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ornaments turned out SO cute, Jessica. You must spend your spare time getting fabulous ideas to create new things and I'm SO blessed when you share them with us. Adorable!
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just the cutest things ever!! You are so creative!! I love these, Jessica!! I'm going to have to unwind some thread so I can make some!! Super-duper fabulous my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE!!!!! :) have a great weekend my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how CUTE! Love how you used the twine as scarves and the way you threaded the ribbon through the spools! Thanks for playing along in the Peachy Keen Release Party challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DARLING little upcycled ornaments. I love this idea. SO darling!!!! And super creative too! Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen Release Challenge! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! These are just cute as can be Jessica - love those sweet Peachy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just DARLING!!! How CREATIVE are you?.....OMG!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica ~ Again these too PLEASE! Seriously ADORABLE! I saw something like these a long time ago and TOTALLY forgot about them! Of course they weren't as FAB as these nor did they have PKS faces on them! LOVE, LOVE LOVE these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute and adorable I just love those peachy faces! I am home for a couple days then off again I thought I would pop in and see you before I get off tho sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness - these are so adorable! Love those cute faces! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Over the top...cuteness!!! LOVE!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! How adorable!!! Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so charming! The twine scarves are such a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete