Monday, July 28, 2014

You are Sweet....Face Day w/PKS {Post #2}

~If you are looking for the My Creative Time Day 1 of sneaks please click the picture~

Good Morning Everyone!!!
Hope you all had a GREAT weekend!!!
The weather was beautiful here, perfect for my son Parker's travel baseball tournament as well as my son Casey's travel soccer tournament! Whew...what a busy weekend but non the less AWESOME! Both boys played their hearts out!

Here are some pictures from the weekend......

Parker catching~ the position he LOVES to play the most! And to brag just a little....he is VERY good at it too :)
 
He is so cute when he is at bat :) LOVE that little slugger!!! He even pitched too. Here is he warming up with the hubs!

And here is my oldest...Casey had the Lancaster Soccer Tournament Fri~Sun. I was able to catch a few pictures from the game on Sat. He is the goalie so he is pictured in the center :)
 Such a fun bunch of kids!

And here he is in net. They have one more game on Tuesday and then the season is over for them. It sure went by FAST!!

**********************
Now onto my projects....
It is my turn to share a "Face Day" project over on the Peachy Keen Stamps Blog 

I made a set of "Just Because" cards and I have to say I think they are super cute :)
I wanted to keep the cards on the simple side to really showcase the adorable PK faces and sentiment.  I used pattern paper from Lawn Fawn as by color theme...and I just realized while writing up my post that these fit into the current PKS Color 
Challenge that is going on right now (there is also a sketch that you could use as well....come on everyone~I would LOVE to see you play along!)

Here is how I made these.....
 I started my cards out using a Kraft Cardstock base and layering both white cardstock and pattern paper. For a little more detail, I did run the mats through my sewing machine for a nice even border.
Next I used my Silhouette and a Miss Kate Cuttable file~Cute Popsicles to cut out 4 different Popsicles in different colors. I hid the face that comes with the file so I could add my PKS face.
Once all the layers were cut and assembled, I stamped on my PK face using one of my favorite sets~ PK~1300 Sweet & Innocent Face Assortment.

I just love adding a cute PKS face to my projects! I highlighted the face a bit by adding chalk to their cheeks and some white gel pen freckles. I also colored in their eyes with my white gel pen as well.
Once all the faces were stamped, I added some matching Trendy Twine in Twisted Lime, Blue Berry, Strawberry Cupcake and Lemon Tart to each of the Popsicle sticks. Popped them up onto my card fronts and my cards were completed.
One thing I forgot to mention...before adding my Popsicles, I did stamp my sentiment. This one comes from the PK 1398~Circus Treats set.


So there is my Face Day project for today. I really hope you have enjoyed these cuties!

Peachy Keen Stamps Used~

Other Products Used~
Let's Polka~Lawn Fawn designer paper
Miss Kate Cuttables
chalk, pop dots
sewing machine

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT Monday!!

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your awesome "Son's Sports" pics and week-end your pics are great and kudos to your sons how awesome that they are involved in sports......great stories to go with your pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are so adorable!!!! :) Who doesn't love a Popsicle with a PK face?? Great job!! :) Awesome soccer photos! This year our daughter starts soccer for the first time! I'm excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, your cards are soo cute! I have to use my faces more. I have a couple of sets.

    Thanks for sharing pics of the boys! What a busy weekend you had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics of your boys. My daughter just played her last tournament for her summer Travel Softball league last weekend, and I am already missing it! LOL! She is the catcher on her team too! I think they love it because they are in on the action the entire game! :) I am pretty sure she will try out for the Fall Travel Team now! I absolutely LOVE watching her play!!
    Anyways.. onto your adorable cards. I think they are just as cute as can be. The paper is so bright and cheery, and those are definitely some sweet faces! :)
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute Cards Jess, your little slugger is adorable.Thanks for sharing the photos. Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica ~ First of all your cards are ADORABLE!! LOVE how you just switched up the colors! What a PERFECT way to have a stash of cards ready! Alright most importantly ~ TU for sharing the pics of your handsome young men! LOVE to see what everyone is doing for the summer ~ hence the fact we are both baseball moms! LOL! Way to go boys ~ keep up the hard work and dedication! Your mom ( parents) are so proud of you both! LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute pictures.. and those cards are adorable..love those little ice creams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you had a very busy weekend!! The pictures are awesome!! How did you have time to create such absolutely adorable cards??!! Those faces are so stinkin' cute!! I love the Popsicles!! They could not be cuter!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a FUN weekend~when our boys were in baseball it seriously was one of the best times for us! A lot of families and fun get togethers and the kids had a blast! Super fun memories-enjoy it when you can, they grow up fast!
    Your cards are absolutely adorable! Love the different flavors...super cute Jessica!
    Happy Monday!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute just because cards...just adorable! Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jessica, these are so cute! I just love all the great colors and sweet faces!

    We had a soccer tournament this past weekend too. So much fun, we made it to finals but came in 2nd. Looks like a very fun time!! Good luck to both teams!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to spend the weekend! Family time is so awesome! Your set of cards is awesome! I love all of the fun colors and patterns you used along with the different popsicle colors! And those sweet little faces are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute cards for sure:) It sound like you had a busy weekend. We also had a 2 day soccer tournament for my sons club and I'm super exhausted but had a great time:) Thank you for sharing the great photos of your handsome boys!!!
    Hugs
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sports-filled weekend! Your boys look they had a great time! Enjoy these days - they go by so quickly. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was running back and forth between 2 fields to watch my boys play ball. In reality, it has been over 15 years - so enjoy!
    I love your sweet Popsicle cards, those peachy faces are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww!!! Not sure which is cuter--your boys hard at play or your super sweet cards!!!! :) I don't know how you do it all--I think you must have a secret cape somewhere with a big S on it!!! Or else you should because I think you are just an all around SUPER fabulous lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. okay so I am in love with this!! WAY TOO cute!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome, looks like you had a very busy weekend, how do you keep up. Love the popsicle looks great because the colors make it looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete