Friday, November 4, 2011

Snowman Wishes

Hi Blogging Buddies!
It is Friday....Yippee!!
No plans this weekend except for relaxing I hope :)

I have a Christmas card to share with you. I was hoping to get one Christmas card a day done for the whole month but I am behind by 3 :(
Hopefully will get a move on them this weekend!
Today's card is a simple circle base that I used SCAL to shape and weld.
When I was making this card I knew I wanted a snowman on it...front and center and I just purchased the cutest set from The Cutting Cafe...the snowman shape card.
Instead of making the snowman shape I just used all this pieces to put him together.
He was cut at 4.5" using white card stock
My card base is Kraft Card stock
All of the DP is from My Minds Eye~O Christmas Tree Paper Pack
I made my own snow drifts by cutting the circle in a wavy line and attached them to my card with foam dots for some additional dimension (the picture doesn't really show that but you can see on his scarf the dimension)
For his hat and for alittle background I added stickles
3 black buttons were used instead of the file cuts for his buttons.
The adorable face is from PKS Winter Faces
The sentiment is from MCT~All Around Christmas
I used my copics in YR04 and YR07 for the snowman's nose
A little pink chalk for the cheeks
Lots of white gel pen doodles
and
an adorable snowflake punch in the matching background paper

I am entering this into the following challenges:
PaperPlay~Buttons
CropStop~Snowman
Pile It On~Keep Warm
Polka Dooodle~ Shape Card
Made Especially For You~Pink, Green and Blue
Bah! Humbug!~ Snowman

I hope you like my card!
Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT night :)






27 comments:

  1. His one handsome snowman! love the shape card and those buttons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Jessica! Love that little snowman and those little snowflakes are fabulous. Love it!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is s ADORABLE! I love the way this card came out! Good luck with all the Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Jessica! Love how it came out.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhh he is soooooo cute!!! Love that happy face, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card, Jessica! I'm sorry the link gadget didn't work for you, I entered your card and it worked okay for me. Thanks for playing along with us! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute snowman card! Great image. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute shape card! I love that the snowman is coming off of the page! Very adorable :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, Jessica. It's so cute. Your details are terrific!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Jessica! I love the snowman-super cute!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute circle snowman card! Thanks for joining us at CropStop's Challenge!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Let’s Get Scrappy! at http://kmcbhernandez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jessica!!! Get out of here with this! Omg, it is such an amazing card! What a happy and cute snowman! You are the bomb diggity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jessica, what an adorable card!! I love that snowman. So cute!! Thanks for sharing how you made it. And thanks for joining me on my 30 Days of Christmas challenge. Good luck winning Santa's Blog Candy!!

    x0, Damaris

    www.AtStudioD.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute snowman! I love the shape you used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable, fantastic card! Love the edging, and the fact that the snowman pop over the top. Thank you for joining us for the Pile It On challenge! Best, cg

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh - this is fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is so sweet and thanks for joining us at PolkaDoodles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute as a button, a great card
    Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles this week and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love that card and just might have card lift it if you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww what a cutie! I like how you took the cut file and made it your own. :-) Thanks so much for sharing your little snowman with us this week at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a Happy little snowman card Jessica. I think he is adorable. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH wow this is brilliant I love it, thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous snowman which looks doubly good on your circle card. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely shaped snowman card.

    Colleen
    Guest Designer
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab snowman! Love how you shaped your card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So adorable! The shape of the card and the layered snow is perfect! Thanks for linking and showing your project some love :)

    ReplyDelete